Weekend Warriors and the Wonderful Weather (16th and 17th)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of nice powder here at Manza today. but due to wind and snow it's hard to see more than a few metres in front of you. lucky the

guide ropes are bright colours

So er, if you could have gone but skipped today you were nuts. Lucky for you though tomorrow is gonna be mental. Lines were being refilled all day, and the snows still coming down. Low viz as the day went on, but didn't really matter, its not like you could honestly hurt yourself (well.. you know what I mean)... Just Zen board it :>

Wasn't totally up for it t be honest, but a few solid lines and you'll find yourself dragged kicking and screaming into fun town.

Had about 20cm of fresh in the mountain areas here yesterday so will be off skiing tomorrow again under hopefully blue sky and calmer conditions as was windy as hell today wouldnt have fancied going today.

Has been snowing and still is but looks like stopping.

20cm on the car outside since I cleared it off at 9pm last night.

I see Kagura reporting 50cm again, yikes.

Sun might come out later, I think I might go skiing.

:)

Super sunny south of Nagano. Will be sure to keep you all updated about the weather in all the places that don't really matter :)

:thumbsup:

Looks like some nice clear conditions over in that area.

Hopefully here in a few hours too.

At kiyosato blue sky a nice cool -15 with 1mtr of fresh snow.

Now about to hit the courses.

Most snow I have seen here for many years. Snow walld are building nicely 2+mtres in many places on the road up.

Ok time to ski

Blue sky's all the way to iiyama... but there's a massive band of clouds towards nozawa. No idea if its coming or going, but wouldn't mind a bluebird to be honest. Total bluebird over the west side though (iizuna, kurohime, myoko, togari, madarao).

Eta: bluebird at nozzie eki. Sun is beating down, but temps feel nice and brisk. Perfect day for cruise about the resort and taking pics I reckons :)

ipps, you should connect a HD webcam to your head and have a live stream going on these journeys.

Of course, you would have to pay for the telecommunications costs. But it's something you need to do, as a public service and all.

:thumbsup:

It needs to be one of those that we can 'control', you know like go up and down and zoom in and out.

You'd have to control your head movements of course.

Perhaps provide us with 'joysticks' for a better end user experience!

Sounds like a plan to me!

I think so too. Imagine if you will sitting on a train for 70 minutes typing into a tablet and browsing the net waiting for something to happen. If only people could see through my eyes, the world would open to them like a flower.

Well the sun didnt last long clouded over about 30mins after I weny out.

Soft deep pow every where specially on the edges up top.sso deep my skis stop I need fatter skis today to ride the edges.

So far 2 excellent weekends in a row cant be bad.

Sounds like everyone's having a blast out there today. Pics please! :thumbsup:

If only people could see through my eyes, the world would open to them like a flower.

That's a scary thought! ;)

Ooh ooh! Was in the gondola with some gaijinz, and the skier dude who seemed like he knew what he was talking about, said: shiga kogen is a hole. Its the most boring place I've ever ridden.

Yay! Finally, someone with a pair of eyes :>

Alas the only other mentions of resorts was in conjunction with how many girls... or more accurately, how few girls were coming on their trips nowadays... :'(