Epic morning at Kanko. No crowds, heaps of (relatively) safe pow to be snatched although got into some minor bother that was relatively easy to get myself out of. Patrol were taking passes apparently but missed me. ;) Love just smashing out 1/2 days with no breaks, just lapping and putting together great little runs before the legs get too sore and building fitness. Sorry no pics as riding by myself.

Taking passes at Kanko? Well, the idiots have obviously forced the patrols hand... exactly what I was sure was going to happen after seeing the nonsense there the last time I went. I've never heard of anyone having their pass taken before. The only rule they used to have was not to ride under the lifts. Everywhere else was fair game.

LOTS of signs up at the moment. Not sure if that is normal. Seems to be plenty of places to ride without breaking too many rules too. Im so wary of terrain traps and other risks there's a heap of places I haven't dropped into yet and its good getting to know the place instead of bouncing around the resorts which was the original plan. Found a nice new to me line from the gondy today which was short but fun, above the champion run that does that hard skiers left and heads to the quad with that nice long flat bit that Im starting to make :) You end up dropping into that just before the corner.

Not sure when it started snowing here at Myoko, checked at mid night and it hadnt apperaed to be any and doesnt look like much yet but its coming down now. Cortina was reporting 30cm at the base at 4am and pics from Hakuba over night looking promising so if thats the case those guys over there should have a cracker, looks like you may have got the bulk of it.

Might be a late start here waiting on the snow, hopefully its just a tad late and we get the snow that was predicted overnight during the next 6 or so hours and it becomes a great arvo.

Be safe folks - seeing lots of reports/FB postings of avies in Hakuba and one of the Swedish guys staying here got shallow buried in really light pow the day before yesterday from which he got himself out of, you can actually see it sneaking up behind him on a go pro vid.

Hey mate going to hang back this morning and see what happens hoping for more :) Probably just chill for a few hours at the hotel (Central) do some stretching, drink coffee etc. If you dont head out feel free to pop over, will email you mob number for sms. Otherwise will catch you guys tonight for dinner if you like.

Well that didnt quite work to plan. Back in Myoko after going to Seki where there was only one lift working, visibility was 10m on piste, it was super hard to pick features even in the trees and the place was tracked from yesterday :( Still we are all safe and well. Hopefully a pizza for lunch and a 1/2 day at Kanko. :) Had a taxi driver try and take us for an extra 4,000 for carrying out boards on a 4,800 fare. 1st time that I've known someone was trying to rip me off in Japan. Once the lady from the hotel came out that fee went away. Never had to pay that before. On the up side the kids who scored our lift passes at 1030am were stoked :)

EDIT - Great afternoon in the tress off the top lift at Kanko, videoing my Swedish mate hucking off features and crashing. GOLD. :) A front came through late this arvo and its snowing, could be an unexpected great day tomorrow.

Just reading the nozawa now report for Tuesday (talking about monday).

Curious, and hopefully the dude reading it is around (or er, anyone else at all with info). They mentioned a slide in one of the sidecountry areas causing serious injury. Any more details?