• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of flat roofs in Kutchan. It's generally so you can build closer to your boundary. If you have a roof that sheds the snow you need room for it to shed and not encroach on your neighbours land (

Though its news is not new, you do get some good stuff in the Japan Times. I hope it can keep going in years to come.   Since most Japanese old houses sell at deep discounts to when they were new, i

By the common understanding, I don't think 2 by 4 is a "frame" house. 2 by 4 are used as studs that are sandwiched by plywood which acts as bracing to make structural, i.e, load bearing walls. Remove

Congrats. We are another week or so.

Funny story. Needed to christen the toilet this morning when I was there moving a few things in.

Only realized that we have absolutely no to let paper yet in the house only when I actually needed it.

BUT, fancy gizmo laden toilet to the rescue!

It cleaned my bottom impeccably.

That was quite fun actually.

:lol:

Thanks.

We have now moved in .

Lots of boxes all over the place but a few days of unpacking and putting things away then we should be able to enjoy our new house.

Already we like it a lot so thats good.

Also liking the much lower temps although it has been cool in Kofu all this week its even cooler here well more like bordering on cold.

Settling in now snowdude?

We are in the process of moving stuff in. A few things still going on so not quite there yet.

Yes finally got most of our stuff unpacked and in order.

Very glad we are here.

We did our aisatsu thing last week and visited all of the 23 houses that are in this village and all seem like really nice people which is also a bonus.

It is like 2 seasons though for us as we need to go into Kofu not everyday for me but we need the heater on in the car everyday now here as it is frosty some mornings now and when we get to Kofu it feels really warm and dont need heater or fleece on.

This evening it is 8oC colder than Kofu so it is like travelling between autumn and winter.

Nott that I am bothered I love the cold weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a week has passed now and not much progress.

After the mammoth move effort, I think we've had the energy sapped out of us.

Still tons of boxes in the garages.

I think it'll be a week or two before we're anything like settled.

Well after moving in 3 weeks ago we have now all but emptied all the boxes.

The niggly bits is what takes time, where to put all the final bits and pieces, which thankfully we have now just about done.

We are really enjoying our house and the area.

Also extremely happy with the built in dishwasher that we went for. We are major tea drinkers so all our cups and tea spoons soon end up tea stained and near impossible to clean even acoustic soda doesn't always get them properly clean.

Our dishwasher on the other hand gets them spotless, and I mean spotless, everything looks just like it has come out of a shop and never used.

I really was not expecting a dish washer to clean better than by hand, but it cleans much better than is possible by hand, so that is getting loads of use as a result!

Also enjoying our large bath, where I can actually stretch out in and not have to knee myself in the face unlike our previous place.

Another thing I'm digging.

Our front door has this system called "Keygal" on it.

Basically you don't need any keys.

Just have the little remote thing on your person (about 5cmx3cm) - keep it in your pocket - and press "unlock" on the front door, and it unlocks.

When you leave just press "lock" and it all locks up.

It's a small thing but really cool, especially when you are carrying stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited the new SnowJapan World HQ today near the Legendary Mt Granview.

And very cool it is too. Set up for quality sounds it is!

Just look for the sign!

gallery_6744_22_16510.jpg

Hope you new homeowners are settling in too.

Visited the new SnowJapan World HQ today near the Legendary Mt Granview.

And very cool it is too. Set up for quality sounds it is!

Just look for the sign!

gallery_6744_22_16510.jpg

Hope you new homeowners are settling in too.

i hope you took along some of those snowball doughnuts!! :grandpa: