I saw a news segment that had "MDMA" written in big yellow letters.....I assumed it was the powder variety and not the pills that are commonly called Ecstacy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of flat roofs in Kutchan. It's generally so you can build closer to your boundary. If you have a roof that sheds the snow you need room for it to shed and not encroach on your neighbours land (

Though its news is not new, you do get some good stuff in the Japan Times. I hope it can keep going in years to come.   Since most Japanese old houses sell at deep discounts to when they were new, i

By the common understanding, I don't think 2 by 4 is a "frame" house. 2 by 4 are used as studs that are sandwiched by plywood which acts as bracing to make structural, i.e, load bearing walls. Remove

• 3 weeks later...

File under "don't really think about it when making a house" (well, I didn't).

Get a water tank to collect rain water from the roof drains.

You can still add one later, like I am planning on, but would have probably been better to do up front.

In a lot of well-off neighbourhoods, the residents' association will not let you hang your washing out to dry outdoors, in case it lowers the tone, and by extension, local house prices. So you can't use free sunlight and breezes either.

I haven't seen many of them, but the Penn and Teller bullshit about lawns shows one guy who was thrown in the slammer by the residents' association for having a shit lawn.

In some parts of the USA, you're not allowed to collect it. Its considered diverting water without water rights.

That seems very odd.

I'm presuming there's no rules like that here!!

It's ordered anyway. One that looks quite nice rather than a goddam awful hulking plastic green box etc.

I think it will pay for itself in saved water.

Met a friend for the first time in quite a few years over the weekend.

We were talking about houses and land.

His land, in Niigata City, cost 500,000 yen per tsubo!

Can hardly believe it. 10 times the cost of ours!

AND, I would much rather live where we live!

Location location location!

:thumbsup:

I'm with you Dumbstick, I'd much prefer somewhere quiet than in a city. As long as it's not TOO far away from civilisation.

I can't remember the name and don't know Niigata city, but it seems it is an expensive housing area with excellent links to transport etc.

I suppose those things are important to lots of people.

Still, makes me realise how 'cheap' our land was.

A double parking space is at least 8 tsubo, so at that rate its four million yen just to park the cars! Niigata is still inaka and most families will have two cars. Two sets of snow tyres will take up an extra half a tsubo somewhere