I wish I knew and was able to see but unfortunately I missed it.

I could only get there at noon, so in 4 hours they had it basically set up.

(The photo here is 8 hours at the end of the day).

I wish I could have a few webcams taking time lapses going!

:lol:

No idea how all the plumbing works either really.

I'm just relying on the installing Yamaha people and the plumber who is still there to get it right!

The bath is an artificial marble that Yamaha seem rather proud of.

It does look lovely.

たっぷりの厚みで深みと美しさを表現。

バスルームの主役にふさわしい、厚み9mmの重厚感と透明 感を備えたバスタブです。汚れに強く美しさを守る「タフぴかコート」でお手入れ簡単。キズがつきにくく、細かいキズなら磨くだけで簡単にリニューアルできます。

大理石模様の「エクランクオリア」

http://www.yamaha-living.co.jp/product/bath/story/care.html

care_sec02_img01.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of flat roofs in Kutchan. It's generally so you can build closer to your boundary. If you have a roof that sheds the snow you need room for it to shed and not encroach on your neighbours land (

Though its news is not new, you do get some good stuff in the Japan Times. I hope it can keep going in years to come.   Since most Japanese old houses sell at deep discounts to when they were new, i

By the common understanding, I don't think 2 by 4 is a "frame" house. 2 by 4 are used as studs that are sandwiched by plywood which acts as bracing to make structural, i.e, load bearing walls. Remove

My guess would be that it's basically panels that clip together to make a waterproof box with all of the lights and functions already installed.

I'd be surprised if the water pipes weren't hooked up when it was installed, though they mightn't be connected to the plumbing header and drain line just yet.

I think that's right. I also missed when ours was put in (which looks a lot like Dumbstick's, minus jet features), but the walls are pretty clearly panels that were fitted into place, then had silicon sealant applied at the joints.

Modern ones don't have taps, ours doesn't either, it all comes out the circulator so you don't need taps.

That said, having a dribble of cold water onto your toe from a tap is more satisfying than scrolling through a menu on a remote controller and pressing a "add 10L of cold" button and having it emerge under the surface. Sometimes the old way of doing things has its merits.

I saw one being delivered to a new house recently actually. It did indeed seem to come in panels with things sticking out of them and the bath seperately.

Couldn't see what was going on inside of course.

When I built my old house (now going on 30 years ago!) we bought a spa bath for the main bathroom. It came as a single fibreglass shell, with plumbing, electrics and pump all ready to plug into wall socket, drain and water pipes. Fit onto a timber frame, which was then clad with blue board and tiled. No silicone at all, except around the tile/bath joint on the walls, and that only as insurance, as the bath had a lip that was expected to stop water going through to the wall.

Sadly, ex inherited that place as part of divorce settlement, and has since been sold.

The bath unit has been installed.

:friend:

I missed the main bit which was a bit disappointing, I wanted to see how it arrived and they put it together.

15mk9jk.jpg

My goodness....look at all those code violations... ;)

Looking good Dumbstick!!

Quite envious!........I have a love/hate relationship with my onsen.

:)

Apparently, flooring is starting to go down from today.

I find some of order and timing of doing some things a bit odd (like, work on the ceilings hasn't finished), but then again I have no experience and know nothing and so I'll just let them get on with doing what they're doing.

As long as they don't scratch or dent it etc, I'm cool.

I wouldn't worry.

If its like my friends house, the flooring was covered well literally minutes after it had been laid down.

Funny you should mention that.

I was originally thinking some darker wallpapers, but more and more thinking mostly white or near white (in terms of just colour) would be best.

Don't have to decide on that lot for another month or so though.

We went for darker flooring and white textured wall paper.

Then buying furniture to decorate the rooms.

Kitchen units and cupboards are all white.

Living/dining table cupboards TV stand etc will be dark wood.

\What kind of texture you go for snowdude?

I remember looking at a catalogue of what there was. The head spun with so many options and seeing them on 10cmx10cm samples doesn't really give you a big picture.

\What kind of texture you go for snowdude?

I remember looking at a catalogue of what there was. The head spun with so many options and seeing them on 10cmx10cm samples doesn't really give you a big picture.

Its a kind of a bumpy bitty type of texture if that makes any sense at all.

Kind of like millions of tiny interlocked squares all together to form a bumpy textuure.

Sorry that is about the best way I can describe it.

If I can find the sample we had I wiill take a picture of it and post it.

The default wallpaper our builders usually use for the tateuri houses they do was awful.

Well maybe awful is going to far, but certainly far from being very nice.

And to have it in every single room!

Oh no no no!

:veryshocked:

Is wallpaper a relatively new idea here in Japan?

Traditional Japanese houses often have that rough sandpaper like ( :lol: ) thing going on.... horrid as it is.

The default wallpaper our builders usually use for the tateuri houses they do was awful.

Well maybe awful is going to far, but certainly far from being very nice.

And to have it in every single room!

Oh no no no!

:veryshocked:

Yeah Japanese standatd wallpaper is not good that is why we chose our own.

Downstairs same paper but changing room and toilet is different.

Then different upstairs but all of them are a white/beige colour but with different patturns.

The ceilings also have different patturn kind of like a woven patturm which should contrast nicely with the walls.

I have given myself some grazed elbows and other parts of my body on some of that traditional Japanese walling before now.

Ouch.

Not good when drunk

Went to see my house today. Windows are nearly all in. The roof all finished.

Wiring has started.

They put the bath in today so was able to see it iin before all the panels cover it up.

The bathroom is just about finished and looks good.

Its a green bath with white walls and one green wall on the shower side.

Like dumbsticks house they have put the bath in first before anything else.

They will also be putting down the floor soon before the rest which I aso thought was strange but obvious they know what they are doing.

The flooring one is curious isn't it.

All ours is down now.

But it's all completely covered up and so I haven't been able to see any of it.

All our insulation is in now and the inside walls covered up.

I'm actually away for best part of 2 weeks now but apparently work on the outside siding will happen perhaps this coming week.

Exciting seeing it come together.