Could you not have written 20-30cm two or three more times? Something to remember for next time!

:thumbsup:

Haha! Yeah probably a bit excessive! I was thinking the photo itself would just come up on the page, not a link to the picture in the gallery which did add another mention...!

The pic is a screen grab from some video footage which I'll post when I have time to edit it...

Excellent day anyway, apart from when I ran into a tree stump buried in the powder - that's gonna be some big bruise on my shin tomorrow. Could've ruined my day that, but luckily it didn't - only about 5 minutes of it!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lucky I run all your posts straight through an enigma machine!

Ditch the chicks and get off the bus at Rusutsu and meet them in Hirafu that night. Repeat Saturday. :)

Yeah I reckon Friday could be pretty unpleasant with the wind, and associated lift closures and queues. Should improve from Saturday.   I might be hitting Teine on Monday, if you're going to be back

right, i need a gopro pole. Ive had enough of all you jerks getting awesome shots and me getting pictures of open scenery with 2cms of snowboard peeking out from the bottom. ENOUGH! I have HAD!!!

Ippy can't you use one of those washing pole things that the old bloke is selling from his truck at 8am on a Sunday morning, over a loudspeaker, and waking me up.

Not only could you attach your camera firmly with a rubber band and some sticky back plastic, but when you get home you can hang your washing out.

:thumbsup:

Yep, best get the pole, especially for snowy or flat light days. Helmet mount better when following somebody else and filming them.

Only thing using the pole for us skiers, it makes it a bit harder to ski holding the thing up like that - seems to put you a bit out of balance. Well, it does me anyway.

I just use my ski pole and I bodged some mounting from an old bike light.....

That Kagura photo looks amazing! Now I'm kicking myself for not going. Went to Tenjin on Saturday to avoid the crowds but the bottom run was closed due to av danger which really limits the place. Still had a nice time jumping off a short cliff face and racing by climbers most of the day. Went to Kawaba (my regular) on Monday managed to find plenty of untouched snow to ride. Wasn't as deep as Tenjin, but the powder was great in some places. Looking forward to next weekend! Probably will be heading over to Madarao to use the tickets I won (thank you Snow Japan!) If anyone is planning to go let me know!

Guys were saying 40cm on Skyline yesterday but closer to 30 I thought...regardless, first face shots this year from Nagano. So, this next weekend is looking good is it?? My wife has already been grumbling with all the weekends I've been away...........not to mention our budget...do I continue to push it?? Decisions decisions... :confused:

And just think if March is good....

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer.. :lol:

had a great time in shiga for our last day deepest snow l have skied in so far small black run yakebitaiyama up to my butt and blowing over my shoulders no one else on it this afternoon . lm hooked see you in myoko pete. :D

Snow in the morning mate :)

Popped up to Maiko yesterday and probably had the best day of the season so far.

Weather said it was going to snow, so didn't take any photography equipment again. Got there, and it was a fine day, with lots of powder.

Inadvertently hit up some kickers and land some jumps, one bloody big one, which was more like 5ft, but for someone who doesn't do jumps, it was brilliant. Great day out. The Beast, aka the Buron TWC Wide, held up amazingly and has some serious pop in it.