• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lucky I run all your posts straight through an enigma machine!

Ditch the chicks and get off the bus at Rusutsu and meet them in Hirafu that night. Repeat Saturday. :)

Yeah I reckon Friday could be pretty unpleasant with the wind, and associated lift closures and queues. Should improve from Saturday.   I might be hitting Teine on Monday, if you're going to be back

The wonders of modern technology! Yeah, TB, am now riding a Prior Khyber, a tapered, tree-loving pow-stick - so tree-loving in fact that I can hardly walk today after having an argument yesterday with an unyielding Moiwa trunk!! :D

• Like 1

Yay! Made the train. Fully avi kitted out which just encourages matters. My ekiben chopstick snapped the worst I've ever seen, so im not going to have a lucky one. I'll stick with the pistes probably, but damn its gonna be tough :) actually probably not since the snow is still coming down. Kinda wet looking our end though on this side of Nagano.

Why you cheeky whippesnapper! I'll have you know I've eaten my delicious ekiben, so it'll all be pure riding joy time!

On that note, the ekibens once you go through the gates at Nagano station are not only good for you, and filled with fresh ingredients, but are also super yummy.

So now that you have had a bit more time on it, whats the verdict on the new board?

Love it! :D I'm incapable of doing an ippy-esque review so won't try, but it's by far the best board I've ridden in powder plus I'm still experimenting with settings, so have yet to move the bindings right back!! It really turns in well, much better than my Machete and has a surfy-style to it, which I like. So far, so good! :thumbsup:

What kind of defeatism is this. How hard is it to write a review of a snowboard? You can phpon them in!

Here, let me help.

1. How's the float?

2. How's the snap on it?

3. How much of a pain in the ass is it to load it?

4. Edge to edge?

5. Turn initiation smooth or does it feel a bit hooky/diggy?

6. Kinda irrelevant if you ask me, but how's switch? Also dies it butter?

7.speaking of turns, How do they feel on big long arcs? Is the board trying to pull round on you? Or can you sit on your edge all run if you want?

8. Does it respond well, or is it like turning an oil tanker? Do you get some snap in your turns?

9. Is it smashing through the chop or kinda getting bounced by it? I guess you could throw in some chatter info too.

9.2. Is it quick?

10. How you enjoying it?

11. Does it remind you of any other board, and if so how does it compare?

12. What kind of conditions do you see it killing it?

13. And what conditions do you see it struggling?

On top of all that throw out the size, your weight and anything pertinent from the product description. Oh and you can always chuck in a preconceptions part just to really illustrate how it goes above and beyond them. There you go, you to can now phone in a board review :)

Just from initial inspection, its looking kinda wet nozawa way. Will be awesome of course, but definitely feeling a bit heavier than the stuff from three days ago.

Wow what a morning. It was and is PUKING. Plan was 1st lifts at Seki Onsen but.......Started really poorly with a mix up with a bus that exists but then doesnt but really does. Walked to Kanko instead for 1st lifts. Didnt look after my goggles and fogged the crap outa them. 1st runs wasnt in the groove and started to sulk. Lifties let me use their heater and were stoked with the little koalas I gave them. Then found the little area I was looking for and it was LUX. Fair bit of hiking courtesy of that lovely Japanese trait of having uphill sections and riding into an area that seemed flatter then on Sat when I hot it, clipped a tree (more like hit it) and was absolutely spent by 12:30pm after lapping the crap out of this one section including bombing under the gondy. Lots of lines to drop but as was by myself just rode in the safer thigh deep pow that was easily accessible. Man I really really should have trained this year as 1/2 day and completly spent. I wonder is there is a good massage place in town :) :) With all the snow still falling and 95% of the folks here leaving today tomorrow holds great promise too.

So now that you have had a bit more time on it, whats the verdict on the new board?

Love it! :D I'm incapable of doing an ippy-esque review so won't try, but it's by far the best board I've ridden in powder plus I'm still experimenting with settings, so have yet to move the bindings right back!! It really turns in well, much better than my Machete and has a surfy-style to it, which I like. So far, so good! :thumbsup:

What kind of defeatism is this. How hard is it to write a review of a snowboard? You can phpon them in!

Here, let me help.

1. How's the float?

2. How's the snap on it?

3. How much of a pain in the ass is it to load it?

4. Edge to edge?

5. Turn initiation smooth or does it feel a bit hooky/diggy?

6. Kinda irrelevant if you ask me, but how's switch? Also dies it butter?

7.speaking of turns, How do they feel on big long arcs? Is the board trying to pull round on you? Or can you sit on your edge all run if you want?

8. Does it respond well, or is it like turning an oil tanker? Do you get some snap in your turns?

9. Is it smashing through the chop or kinda getting bounced by it? I guess you could throw in some chatter info too.

9.2. Is it quick?

10. How you enjoying it?

11. Does it remind you of any other board, and if so how does it compare?

12. What kind of conditions do you see it killing it?

13. And what conditions do you see it struggling?

On top of all that throw out the size, your weight and anything pertinent from the product description. Oh and you can always chuck in a preconceptions part just to really illustrate how it goes above and beyond them. There you go, you to can now phone in a board review :)

Thanks ippy (I think!) :D

Superb out there today. This'll be top 5 this season, possibly even second . The great thing Is that February has delivered four of them. I know some might suggest that superstition is hokey nonsense, but I'm ready to believe that Pete is some kind of snow god. Crowds also naffed off before I arrived... and to think, last night I was ready to skip it. Ha! Every run turned into a funpark. Bus is busy mind you. But yay! After yesterdays shambles, today gave me a reason to get through another week at work :)

For those that dont know, one of my nick names is "Lucky Pete" - Im seriously one of the luckiest people to walk the planet so Im glad some of that can deliever for others. :) :) Stoked when I just looked at the 6 day Forecast. If it delievers, next weekend should be a cracker too Ippy. Only 4 days away.... :) Tomorrow looks OK too ;)

• Like 1

had a great time in shiga for our last day deepest snow l have skied in so far small black run yakebitaiyama up to my butt and blowing over my shoulders no one else on it this afternoon . lm hooked see you in myoko pete. :D

Had an awesome day at my usual day trip place, Kagura, today. Said on the Kagura website 20-30cms fresh snowfall which I thought sounded OK - wasn't expecting it to turn out to be quite as epic as it did. I have to say, despite the long weekend, I didn't wait in a single line all day, apart from to take the ropeway back down and the off piste areas were pretty much deserted the entire day. Train back was packed of course - we couldn't get reserved seats on any train before 10 pm so we jumped on the jiyuuseki - nope, didn't get a seat but eased away the crowded journey with few cans of Echigo Red ale.

Here's a picture of me skiing in the 20-30 cms fresh at Kagura today.....

Me skiing "20-30 cm" fresh snow at Kagura today.