• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lucky I run all your posts straight through an enigma machine!

Ditch the chicks and get off the bus at Rusutsu and meet them in Hirafu that night. Repeat Saturday. :)

Yeah I reckon Friday could be pretty unpleasant with the wind, and associated lift closures and queues. Should improve from Saturday.   I might be hitting Teine on Monday, if you're going to be back

Rightyo, off we go. At toyono. Place looks like early march. Wasn't there supposed to be snow today? I dun care, nothings sweeter than riding on a random day off when you actually went to the trouble of cycling in.

there is a teensy bit of snow falling, so maybe its a bit heavier down the line. Updates to com because there's nothing else to do. I'll also get the timetables photos and up when I get there. :)

About ten minutes out... looking rather gorgeous out there. Fields of white lit up by the sunshine. Nice day to be out there. Looks like some clouds though towards myoko itself...

There really should be a shuttle from kurohime to suginohara. They're face right across from one another.

Awesome day out there. Bus, for those interested leaves at 9am & 11.35. Missed my bus back as ever, gonna have to slide down the hill to suginosawa for the 5.05.

I'll tell you what, you need to be like Pete tomorrow. Them that scores first tracks are going to be laughing. Best snow condition all year today. Perfect powder.

Great time with Snow junky,Lynne,Hans,Steve,& Kev at Shiga to day stayed away from the windy area's and ha a blast. Tomorrow should be awesome.still snowing heavy here. :D

I really was going to try and at least skip the train crowds tomorrow, but to hell with that, tomorrow is going to kill it. Its still puking in myoko. When I got out there it was about 15-20cms fresh. You could feel that ice layer under it too, but as the day wore on, the pow started creeping up my leg. Probably calf deep right now, maybe 30-40cms. I reckon if it keeps up a few hours probably looking at another 20cms. It was seriously dropping as we left. :)

I'm trying not to think of shredding (even though I started this thread).........next season I will reap the benefits!!!!!!! (I need a Pie Eater Gambaru thread right now....))

I'm trying not to think of shredding (even though I started this thread).........next season I will reap the benefits!!!!!!! (I need a Pie Eater Gambaru thread right now....))

:console:

Dear diary, its sunny.

The train is ****ing busy as expected, just got to beat the buggers to the bus and were all good. Getting piles from sitting on the cold floor though. I should learn to wait until at least kosha before I start talking about the weather. But bluebird so far just outside Nagano. I'm assuming g the avi level us going to be reasonably high, but maybe leave that for the wiser heads in the area :)

I think I'm in a bit of a huffy mood already. People are pissing me off no end :>

On the positive side, the suns behind a layer of cloud, and To the north is light grey skies Might even score a bit of snow later :)

Crowds really put me off these days... especially when you are chomping at the bit to get on the slopes. That being said, it looks like we've decided to go out for a day trip tomorrow. Likely we'll end up at Norikura... but if the traffic is bad we'll go somewhere closer.

Actually... all of this depends on how my basketball team do in our tournament today... if we get through to the knockout stage we have more games tomorrow (but since I suck so bad my teammates might be happy if I don't show up :) )

Wow what a great 1st day. Ended up staying in Nagano last night getting in around midnight thanks to Jetstar. Was going to do a day trip from there but couldnt be assed getting up at 6am so slept in and getting out to Myoko around 9am. After all the posts about crowds etc I thought it was going to a typical Niseko day. I guess its all relative. If you surf every day at an unknown wave, 5 guys in the water is a crowd but if you surf Superbank its empty. Hoenstly the longest lift line I was in today was 7 minutes and the Kanko Gondy under 10. LOTS of pow to be had although it was a little wet. Took a few runs to get back into it and I'll never be Travis Rice but lots of good tree runs and little stashes. Ippy hope you had a great time too. Discovered a 350 yen all the beer you can drink with lunch deal to but didnt take advantage of that, will wait for a slow day. :) Totally awesome 1st day! With people telling me more pow going forward. "Lucky Pete" strikes again :)

I had an awesome day today. Super light in nozzie. Started getting a little slushier lower down once the sun started taking hold, but high up is immaculate. I stayed true to my word and avoided the chutes. But er, by pure accident-stupidity, ended up on the sketchiest face I've ever ridden and into the nagasaka chute. Dunno what they call it up these parts, but its the creek bed.

I also think when you physically utter the words "I wonder if this is the run that kills me?" It might be time to go home/quit snowboarding. Not me though, found a safer route the second time into it now I know its there. Also looks like a few place you can hit it from skyline, but top tip: stay on the right hand side of the creek bed. Running across a snow bridge with massive holes in it is fun, but also a little scary :) I don't think there's an easy way to hit it, but the trees at the bottom of it look tracked to hell. Fun run, but like the chutes still a bit out of my depth, definitely need friends as well.

Honestly had no intention of finding that line. I'd always heard there were serious cliffs in that part of the mountain so planned to stay the hell away from it. The big dangers though seem to be potential slides from people coming off skyline... seriously 45 odd degree open paths laden with powder. People were just skiing happily down it. You're also in the slide path like at tanuki and its running down you. Lots of trees though and felt like you had more escapes and that it wouldn't be as heavy as the slides from over tanuki. I think tanuki is still more dangerous (though this one seems much more dangerous to access), but I guess i should leave that to the nozawa heads and ski patrol to judge. The second thing to watch out for though is that it does have an open creek bed and it doesn't open up until you're almost all the way down. Slightly higher up it has a lot of holes. Almost fell down two of them on that first run. Stay right hand sideand don't be tempted by the pow on the left. You're riding on the stream in case you don't realise :)