At the moment it's looking like Kamui Links on Saturday, Asahidake on Sunday and then heading back down to Teine on Monday. This may change depending on weather/hangovers!

I think I might be up that way around that time mate. Would be good to hook up for a few turns

Me too... a few turns would be cool.

Sweet. Would be great to meet up with you guys. I should be at Kamui with a decent group on Saturday so it'll be a good laugh. Spot the group of gaij, and that'll probably be us. I'm a skier in a red jacket and yellow pants, my name's Andy.

Sunday if the weather is kind I'll do Asahidake with the Mrs and a couple of mates. We'll probably try going for a bit of a hike.

I'll PM you with my contact details if you'd like.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lucky I run all your posts straight through an enigma machine!

Ditch the chicks and get off the bus at Rusutsu and meet them in Hirafu that night. Repeat Saturday. :)

Yeah I reckon Friday could be pretty unpleasant with the wind, and associated lift closures and queues. Should improve from Saturday.   I might be hitting Teine on Monday, if you're going to be back

Hoping to get out somewhere this weekend - it'll either be a shinkansen trip somewhere - probably up to Kagura again, or a ride in my friends car somewhere - maybe up to one of the Fukushima resorts - I enjoyed Nekoma last time I was there. I think the ETC card makes it about half price on weekends, right? Would be nice to stay a night somewhere, but don't want to spend a fortune at this time....

Kagura Plus Onsen outside Gala = cheap weekender (bring earplugs)! Then you can go completely out of your mind and hit gala on the sunday for pure OMG its WOODSTOCK!!!! insanity! :)

Top lifts open though much earlier than usual. Not sure how that will change things, but its best to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised. :)

Hoping to go to Kiyosato this weekend with snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow for Yamanashi should make for a good day Sunday.

Wanted to go to Madarao this weekend but too busy Sat and Mon going to house builders so my local will have to

Surfice.

I might save Kagura for after the opening of the romance chair (the highest chair lift that opens up a world of possibilities). Though I also like the long run to the bottom of Kagura and last time I went when the romance lift was open, it was closed. I do think Kagura is going to be crazy this weekend though... I'm thinking of going to Tenjin or Hodaigi to avoid some of the crowds, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Ippy thanks SO much for all that info. For Saturady Im thinking Ryuoo as Tangram/Madarao should be achiveable from Myoko using the train or on the last day on the way to Hakuba. Has anyone got access to Ryuoo bus time tables, either direct from Nagano or the nearest stations? Googled it but cant seem to find it :( Thanks again Ippy!

Thanks BM and Ipyy, bummer there isnt an earlier one. Any ideas how I can find shuttle times from Shinshu Nakano station as Plan B will be train and shuttle to be there early as will still need to get to Myoko late that day and my unfit legs prob wont cope with a full 1st day :)? Thanks again for the help!

im going to assume its because of the shink. If you have a car and live in the area you have snow tyres, and its gonna be pretty easy to hit up your resort of choice. If you live in tokyo its a bit of a drive. you probably dont have your tyres, you have to pay for toll roads and gas, and you have to get up at the break of dawn to get here. Might as well just shink it, especially if youve got a JR deal.

And these shinks are going to take an hour and a half or so. So this means you can catch your metro to shinjuku or wherever youre picking it up from and then get the 7.30ish shink bringing you here around 9 and then pop down the steps at a nice leisurely pace and grab the bus. Seems logical when its all said like that. If it was purely locals using it, itd be insanity, but i have a feeling its Japanese gaijins.

Is this weekend CNY? Or is that over? Sorry I can't remember.

I would love to be heading out to the slopes this weekend but have work due to entrance exams :( Schools making us work on long weekends is just criminal! Sunday after we're finished going to meet up with a few other families and go eat some delicious food around the Ise Peninsula. I just can't get excited to go out there when we could at least do a day trip to Takasu or Washigatake :thumbsdown: