Nice shot! :thumbsup:

Furano seems to get so much less snow than the resorts to the west of Sapporo. Is it a case of quality overpowering quantity?

That's what the locals say and I used to agree with it until yesterday morning, when the snow that was falling at Rusutsu was some of the lightest, if not the lightest snow I've ever experienced. :omg:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once hated a school i was working at, so as punishment to the teachers who were really kinda dickish to me i brought back rock as omiyage.   But... er, I ate it all before i came back to school. I

Brilliant!

With you on Rusutsu, but must say for us, Furano's not high on our list of favourites. We don't have the local knowledge for offpiste/OOB & along with the ski patrols attitude meant no offpiste for us on our only visit.

Sitting at furano now. Not overly impressed with riding these groomers all day tomorrow, might just move on I think. Noticably less snow in this entire region

I thought you were getting into the groomers at least you face would be warmer

No problem with snowfall and also no grooming at a place across the valley from furano starting with "furano" and ending in "dake"

へThis

Hiked Mai-Furunodake on Sunday, it had the goods! Was DEEP as soon as you got off the ridge.

Pic from where we dropped in, vis was not ideal for photos

48093_10151493340940987_1375413931_n.jpg

Suimasen Mick Rich

Just wondering if they still play music via speakers on the lower lifts (not on ropeway side) there in Furano and if so what is the tunes this season?

When I was there last it was Justin Biebers "Baby Baby" (I think that's the name of the song) on continuous loop!! I am not a Bieber fan

by a long shot but whenever someone mentions Furano I get these Bieber flash backs and break into a bit of a jig singing, very embarrassing.

Whenever I hear Furano I get the melon, wine, ice-cream, cheese, potato, beef, beer, wine, lavender, snow, skiing, sunshine flashes.

How much did you drink or smoke :) before these occured

:lol:

Suimasen Mick Rich. Just wondering if they still play music via speakers on the lower lifts (not on ropeway side) there in Furano and if so what is the tunes this season? When I was there last it was Justin Biebers "Baby Baby" (I think that's the name of the song) on continuous loop!! I am not a Bieber fan by a long shot but whenever someone mentions Furano I get these Bieber flash backs and break into a bit of a jig singing, very embarrassing.

Yep, the music was still playing when I was there! This year I didn't hear any Justin Bieber (thankfully!) or Funky Monkey Babies (from a previous season) but rather randomly, heard some older Bowie stuff, which I thought was a BIG improvement. :thumbsup:

At Annupuri this week they were playing Foreigner! :thumbsdown: