Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Comedia (weekend 2nd and 3rd Feb)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean this   What a racket!  

Just in case   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0   That should be enough folks!

Encore!  

Oh onsen would have been nice. The waves were probably better at Yoshihama but I caught some beauties at Usami and I surfed by myself for an hour or so, which was a nice change of pace from the usual lineup madness.

BTW, next time you hit up Costco let me know so that I can get an order in :) !

Woot woot, made the train. Whatcha reckon? Beautiful cool day out there right now, conditions should be awesome on the groomers right now but if this sun keeps at it, it's gonna get wet in a couple of hours. Should I go nozawa or togari? Brought the passport just in case because I think they still do the gaijin ticket... Do they have any discount for nozawa season pass holders?

Edited by ippy

Train update... just left Nagano and its really cute. Super sunshine on my right towards suzaka and sugadaira, but to the left there's some serious **** off grey skies. Like proper thunder and lightning clouds. Dunno if they're coming or going, but the train is literally riding between them. :)

ANd just as I finish typing that, they fall behind. Looks like its just over the Alps... well, can't say for certain but its definitely around iizuna. Now its blue skies and fluffy clouds in all directions. Can someone (pies) orb the thread¿

Eta2: very low level cloud t the north. Obviously I'll update, still pretty far to nozawa but could keep togari protected in the morning in time for the morning sun to naff off. Its east facing right? So unlike nozawa, should actually be quicker in the afternoon?

Holy shit, very very light snow falling at kami imai...

Approaching kosha and its coming down pretty hard... looks super thin but at least it ain't raining :)

Last update... just passed iiyama, grey skies everywhere, genuine snow fall, surprised to see it. This doesn't look like rain any time soon. :) its not tipping it down or anything, but it might mean a few cms of freshies at least. probably save the orb for another day.

No one up yet? Bleh... Actual snowfall is light at the station probably only a lighting covering but threw caution to the wind and decided I couldn't be bothered with the nozzle crowds, so went togari instead. First important detail is that last shuttle bus back to the station is 2.40. Other than that open the gates and let the nostalgiA flood over me!

No one up yet? Bleh... Actual snowfall is light at the station probably only a lighting covering but threw caution to the wind and decided I couldn't be bothered with the nozzle crowds, so went togari instead. First important detail is that last shuttle bus back to the station is 2.40. Other than that open the gates and let the nostalgiA flood over me!

That sounds like a great scheduling!!??! Wouldn't something like 5:00pm be more logical for the last shuttle bus from a ski resort?

Its all gravy, I just walked back instead :) takes around 20 minutes. Beautiful day for it. Wouldn't think the taxi would be too expensive... its literally 5 minutes on the shuttle.

Oh yeah, and favorite day this season. There's just so much pow and no one to score it. There's like 10 people tops in the whole damn place looking for fresh lines. Its busy mind you, but no ones up for the trees or on the sides. Its great. Shit I barely left the Pegasus area. I spent about 70% of my time lapping the rabbit 4 lift. I don't think I can review it yet, there's a relief, but I can write a few hundred words on why I love it.

Cracking place. Not difficult, lines aren't huge, but you just get your pick of what's around. Hell there was so much untracked there was a moment when I literally couldn't see any contours in the snow. It was white on white! Brilliant day out. Glad I skipped nozzie to be honest.

There's actually an amazing deal. I'll post the pic up later, its bus from Nagano to tigari and back plus lift ticket if I get it right, and all for the massive cost of 3000yen.

Unfortunately it only runs on select days. I think it does Saturday and Sunday next week though. You have to reserve though. As I say I'll put the pic up for the pera opera kids to explian . Hopefully its not getting soaked.

However, yes, train to togari nozawa then shuttle bus up, I'll throw up the timetable on that later as well once I get home. Its pretty much timed with the train, so 8.35 train or whatever it is, brings you to nozawa around 9.40 and shuttle leaves t 9.50. Don't remember time on one after. If you do it that way bring your passport, gaijins get to ride for 2500yen. Awesome value!

Oh and got to exorcise a demon. First real skijo I went to and it had this line that was so scary, I literally had to lie down to look over the edge. Rode it nae bother. Look ma! Look what your boys achieved in a mere 5 seasons!

Someone start a long weekend thread. :) This weekend is DONE! Well, sorta done, i always leave it to thrursday before i realise no one else is starting one. If youre looking fora title how about "**** OFF RAIN!!! (February Holiday weekend 9th-11th)"

Myoko the hell outof it. Assuming peeps turn up (ha!) chances are itll be a day out on suginohara for me. Assuming they dont, dunno, maybe suginohara anyways :)

Someone start a long weekend thread. :) This weekend is DONE! Well, sorta done, i always leave it to thrursday before i realise no one else is starting one. If youre looking fora title how about "**** OFF RAIN!!! (February Holiday weekend 9th-11th)"

Done it just for u Ippy....even although I will be snow-free