Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Comedia (weekend 2nd and 3rd Feb)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean this   What a racket!  

Just in case   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0   That should be enough folks!

Encore!  

Lowering ones expectations is a great way to have an alright day in shitty conditions. Of course it took me until the rain let up around 2ish and the skyline into the top of karasawa to make it happen, but here I sit, freezing cold in soaking wet clothes wishing I was still riding. Centered the zerker bindings again and whaddaya know, suddenly back to its fun best. Wax job got totalled a bit after I ran a but too far down the trees in yamabiko - I'd say the snow is really really shitty below 1450m or about 1 minute or two from the top lift. I'm so stoked I'm even considering popping to togari tomorrow and relive the first real ski resort I ever rode. First Tim in 5 years... might be fun, even though its crappy snow, its low altitude, but it might be east facing so that may help if I get here for the afternoon .

Actually I'll probably leave it a week or two just because I'd rather play there when its rocking rather than when the whole area is struggling. Its just a Pico resort and i d like to give it a decent shout for the invariable review.

Despite the rain which apparently I wasn't suppose to warn you about Ippy :rolleyes: sounds like you had fun anyway. Gotta admit that reading you did might change my mind not to ride next time conditions arent ideal. Thanks. :) and also for extending my music knowledge, although probably not in a good way LOL.

Yeah it started to rain after but it hadn't been for a while.

But it wasn't when you said it was.

Stop posting stuff as if you are there and correcting people who are. You are posting second hand info, from Australia.

I live (almost) there.

I eagerly await you future weather reports directly from Australia.

:lol:

haha, relaaaaxxx dudes. I could see out my train window. Heres how it went down:

Chikuma, clearly itd been raining, but not puddly enough. This worried me because it was supposed to be bucketing it down on friday night.

Pulled into Nagano, bright serious sunshine. The kind of sunshine you forgot actually existed.

Around Toyono it was stll sunny, but you could see the light flattening a bit.

Around the nagano side of kosha before the tunnels, still no rain. Not even a real threat of it. Just white skies.

Somewhere between there, i read the posts and started to make the post.

Passing kosha and on the way to iiyama, it started looking a bit darker. As we hit iiyama (or was it kita iiyama?) the windscreen wipers went on in the train. Just speckly.

As we approached nozawa it started to rain proper..

The bus up it was raining.

Arrived at the place, and it started clearing up.

Dithered...

Then around 12.30 left for the lift. Started my first run about 12.45, no rain.

Popped to kandahar. It started raining. For the next hour maybe.

After that, cleared up and thats was that. No rain.

haha, relaaaaxxx dudes. I could see out my train window. Heres how it went down:

Chikuma, clearly itd been raining, but not puddly enough. This worried me because it was supposed to be bucketing it down on friday night.

Pulled into Nagano, bright serious sunshine. The kind of sunshine you forgot actually existed.

Around Toyono it was stll sunny, but you could see the light flattening a bit.

Around the nagano side of kosha before the tunnels, still no rain. Not even a real threat of it. Just white skies.

Somewhere between there, i read the posts and started to make the post.

Passing kosha and on the way to iiyama, it started looking a bit darker. As we hit iiyama (or was it kita iiyama?) the windscreen wipers went on in the train. Just speckly.

As we approached nozawa it started to rain proper..

The bus up it was raining.

Arrived at the place, and it started clearing up.

Dithered...

Then around 12.30 left for the lift. Started my first run about 12.45, no rain.

Popped to kandahar. It started raining. For the next hour maybe.

After that, cleared up and thats was that. No rain.

And you'd know because you were there!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the headsup. :) The rain only pisses me off in low elevation side pow and in my goggles. Which i think ive gone done screwed up yet again.

I dont mind snowboarding in it. What i do mind is queueing for lifts, dodging millions of bodies, and all round being annoyed by people. Were it not for the people itd have been a cracking day out to be honest. Soft conditions, but not necessarily slow unless you popped into the ungroomed stashes. Which you know, i frequently do. Zerker was loads of fun, first run of kandahar was a bit sketchy and i was really timid about letting it run, but after i manned the **** up, let it rip and remembered why i loved it. Actually ill be using that line in the rider blog. :)

What else? Oh yeah! PSA!!!

Dear people, please move the **** away from the lift. This is not just aimed at boarders, its aimed at EVERY ****ER ON THE HILL WHO STAND PERPENDICULAR TO THE LIFT leaving me no room to cut between you and the lift and thus having to go UP THE FEKKIN HILL to get to a proper place to clip in so i dont inconvenience anyone getting off the lift or trying to ride down past me. And if you MUST stand around the lift, can you stop doing it in massive groups you #####LES.

I mean, er, please be considerate to people trying to get off the lift. Thank you.

Yeah it started to rain after but it hadn't been for a while.

But it wasn't when you said it was.

Stop posting stuff as if you are there and correcting people who are. You are posting second hand info, from Australia.

I live (almost) there.

I eagerly await you future weather reports directly from Australia.

:lol:

Yeah Pete. You are such a dickhead for trying to pass on worthwhile information!

We blasted up to Yokohama for a Costco run and damn....forget warm....it was borderline hot.... 22C+.

I was surfing down in Usami today. No wonder you didn't answer when I was screaming at your house from the beach!!

• SnowJapan Admin

Rather than lock this because of the (now partly deleted) silliness, I think we should keep it open. It's only Saturday still. And I don't want to lock ippy's thread (would only be the 2nd thread of the season).

But here's the deal:

No more smart comebacks or continuing of the silly argument that went on previously. It's just, like, totally annoying everyone.

If you can't resist going back to that, don't post in this thread.

Please.

Cheers.

We blasted up to Yokohama for a Costco run and damn....forget warm....it was borderline hot.... 22C+.

I was surfing down in Usami today. No wonder you didn't answer when I was screaming at your house from the beach!!

That's too bad man...you could have hopped in the onsen. On the way up this morning Yugawara had some nice waves....not so dumpy like it usually is there.