Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Comedia (weekend 2nd and 3rd Feb)

Ive had a great week.

It all started finding a chocolate bar i never realised i had, 9000 yen i forgot about in my snaggletooth jacket, and reached an absolute high with a stoke out yesterday from trusnow.

I dont think ive been building up karma enough to get all this, so there will be blood! Maybe ill get sacked or not recontracted to pay off the universal debt. :/

Either way plans are up in the air. If banya craft get back to me about splitting my slasher, then its off for a half day on saturday (which is going to be washed out in the morning anyways judging by the whole of nagano breaking into late March temperatures for a few days).

If not, then probs nozawa on saturday just to grind out another season pass day in crap conditions for a bit of a cruise before either using the second madarao ticket or back up at nozawa for day 2. Im gonna push for two days this week since i just discovered that ive put on about 4kilos since this time last year!

FOUR KILOS!!! I even have a pot belly forming for the first time. This is an outrage!

(sentence 1 may or may not have something to do with this mind you).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean this   What a racket!  

Just in case   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0   That should be enough folks!

Encore!  

Yeah, if youve got to miss a weekend riding, this weekend might be a good one. Freezing level is around 2000m on saturday and goes UP to the 2400m on sunday. Rain is going to be heaviest friday night, but itll still be peeing it down saturday morning by the looks of it and if it does turn to snow (as it might in higher altitudes) in the afternoon, its going to be nasty wet and super heavy. Genuinely not looking forward to it to be honest :) Ill see how i feel once ive had to cycle home tomorrow night from the gym in the peeing rain.

Yeah, if youve got to miss a weekend riding, this weekend might be a good one. Not totally looking forward to it. Freezing level is around 2000m on saturday and goes UP to the 2400m on sunday. Rain is going to be heaviest friday night, but itll still be peeing it down saturday morning by the looks of it and if it does turn to snow (as it might in higher altitudes) in the afternoon, its going to be nasty wet and super heavy. Genuinely not looking forward to it to be honest :) Ill see how i feel once ive had to cycle home tomorrow night from the gym in the peeing rain.

Wait Sunday is supposed to be warmer? nooooooooooooo

check the weather on your favorite resort, might be massively different in gunma. Dunno ifits actually warmer in truth, but the freezing level is going up. Monday it pops back down, but once again rain looks to be on the horizon. Its crappy of course, but it reminds you that theres a chance we've actually peaked and if we want to hit 40 days this season, we best getou arses out there just in case this and a few top ups over the next month, might be all we have to drag us through march. Ironically i LOVE riding mroe in late season just because i fear its going to come to a sudden shrieking end next week! The closer to march we go, the more full weekends ill be out there. :)

Also, when we gonna get the tenjin backcountry line report? :p

Incidentally and just in a gossipy fishwife type thing. but did you know that half of the loudest voices on SBF are now fully hooked up members of the Neversummer hype machine?

This is hilarious stuff.

Heres the copy/paste of the thread: Absolutely mindblowing if im honest. :) (eta: real names removed because we didnt post this up on snowjapan so its none of our business who they really are outside of their forum handles).

Announcement:

For 2013 Never Summer Industries has selected an elite design group from outside our organization. The mission of the team is to provide honest, detailed and comprehensive reviews on our 2013/14 snowboard models. To answer questions in a tactful and respectful way about the how the tech/design influence the boards performance, compare and contrast models to help people determine which board is right for them when they're considering our brand. An emphasis of the group is to help us with the design and development of new product, improve existing models and determine what riders are looking for from us.

Team Roster/Bio:

#### a.k.a Snowolf: Pack Leader, Vancouver, WA

#### has helped countless people further their snowboarding experience with his incredible passion and knowledge. From years as an AASI certified snowboard instructor at Mt. Hood Meadows, administrator of snowboardingforum.com, to forming his own backcountry guide service, backcountry splitboarding in Alaska or guiding groups to the summit Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams and Mt. St. Helens for classic descents. With a focus on big mountain and freeride snowboarding, Snowolf was instrumental on development of the Cobra with us and is a natural choice for the Prospector Split.

Leo a.k.a Leo: Team Captain, Sterling Heights, MI.

You all know him and love him it’s Leo! With over 5,000 posts Leo is a fixture of snowboardforum.com and mid-west snowboarding. Personally selected as one of Never Summer’s original on-line design team members by owner Tracey Canaday, Leo has been a part of the progression and development of our Park Series boards and the all mountain Proto. You’ll find Leo ripping everything, everywhere on our boards (in addition to a plethora of other brands), jibbing and bonkin, stylie methods to mobbing groomers and slashin around the woods. Whether it’s waist deep pow or bullet proof hardpack. Leo just rides.

#### a.k.a. Shredler: Whitefish, MT

Born and raised in the shadow of Mt. Hood it was easy for ### to gravitate toward snowsports. An AASI level 3 certified instructor she spent years teaching on her home mountain, a stint in Steamboat, before recently relocating in Whitefish, MT. She is currently the training director for the NW division, focusing on youth freestyle and women's clinics. Shredler’s riding style can be described as true all mountain, shredding steep and deep trees or hiking a feature in the park with a big smile on her face. With a playful element to it constantly zig zagging around the hill looking for something to jib or pop off of. Kelly is also an experienced backcountry ripper and is the logical choice to have on our women`s specific Raven split.

####a.k.a. Bear5001: Hood River, OR

#### roots lie in Snoqualmie Pass where he started snowboarding at an early age. It was his families move to Big Sky, Montana where he developed a love for Big Mountain lines. Steeper the better! Bear5001 loves narrow chutes and tight trees are also right up there. However riding almost every day has made him appreciate every type of snowboarding and rides whatever is best that day. If you’re up in the PNW look for Wil on EDZ's and the arm at Baker or the King/Queen/Throne at Crystal. A current Level 3 instructor and training director for AASI-NW at Mt. Hood Meadows, Wil consistently rides over 100 days a year. Wil is the definition of all mountain rider; whether it`s a backside 7 in the park or charging a 50 degree chute on Mt. Baker, Wil not only rides it all, but expertly teaches others to do it as well.

##### a.k.a. NWBoarder: Port Orchard, WA

##### riding experience began in 1997, going through many different brands and models in the process. Last season was his first as an instructor for a private snowboard school. He did 4 on snow clinics and then taught a 6 week course and LOVED it! He’ll be teaching the course again this season. NWBoarder loves steep technical riding, but can blast a groomer with the best of them when necessary. Not a big time park guy, preferring to freestyle on natural terrain. Jason is also venturing into splitboarding the Washington Cascades. Jason, being fun, friendly and outgoing, epitomizes the essence of snowboarding.

### a.k.a. Mysticfalcon: Newport, VT

Mysticfalcon has ridden all over the Northeast but most of his time is spent in the trees at Jay Peak, Vt., looking for small cliffs to drop or logs to jib. ### knows the area so well that he is the guide for the snowboardingforum.com east coast meet and Lyndon State College Ski & Ride Club. Where he is going to school to become a teacher so he can mold minds on more than just shredding.

#### a.k.a. Triple8sol: Sammamish, WA

Riding a wide array of Never Summer boards past and present, #### is the perfect person to give recommendations and comparisons on our models. He prefers steep, technical lines in the sidecountry but does a lap in the park here and there. #### is a well rounded rider who can ride anything in any condition with ease. He is very familiar with the pacific northwest from Mt. Bachelor to Mt. Baker.

#### a.k.a. wassupeli: Anchorage, AK

A Yupik Eskimo #### is at home in his native Alaska, especially on Alyeska Resort, where he’s an AASI Level 3 and the snowboard supervisor/lead trainer. Wassupeli rides everything…… Steep and deep AK blower to pipe/park and even races in the town league series. Elias is also an experienced Alaska backcountry rider with many descents in the Turnagain Pass area of the Chugach Range as well as Hatcher Pass in the Talkeetna Range. #### came highly recommended by the director of Alyeska`s Mountain Leraning Center.

#### a.k.a. Dreampow: Kyoto, Japan

Living in Japan for the last 11 years, #### is a freelance translator and interpreter. This season he’ll be professionally guiding groups in the Nozawa onsen backcountry with an ex Japanese pro and a current coach. #### rides pow and lots of it! He does mix it up with some groomed runs and a few passes though the park, hitting mostly boxes and a very occasional rail with some board slides. Look for his photos, videos and reviews in places and pow most of us can only dream of.

##### a.k.a. Extremo: Franklin, NH

Snowboarding it’s Extreme-o is an expert park rider on the east coast. A freestyle machine killin the parks at his home mountains of Gunstock and Waterville, NH. #### also has some rails and boxes set up at home, so his time off the mountain is spent jibbing with friends. He’ll be testing and giving us feedback non-stop to constantly improve and progress our Park Series. #### (Extremo) has been a icon member of Snowboardingforum.com and has been a source of great advice and encouragement in the coaching section when it comes to park riding. Chris` extensive experience with various brands of boards and bindings makes him a great choice to review and compare product.

#### a.k.a. Killclimbz: Aurora, CO

##### is a fixture in Colorado backcountry snowboarding, from his commitment and work with Friends of Berthoud Pass (FOBP) a grassroots collective of backcountry enthusiasts committed to preserving the legacy of public recreation at Berthoud Pass through safety, access and education. 90 % of ##### snowboarding is logged in the backcountry and he has been a mentor to many riders. Killclimbz has ridden our boards for years and is a driving force in the direction of our production splitboards. With our high peaks and long season Killclimbz is going to get plenty of time on our new Prospector Split.

#### a.k.a. Marxkarkis: Revelstoke, British Columbia

Marxkarkis’s playground lies just off the famed powder highway and Rogers Pass. You’ll find#### in this promised land giving Hi 5’s all around on those numerous powderiffic days. Having access to some of the most incredible terrain in the world allow #### to really put a splitboard to the test on both ascent and descent. #### tested the first prototype SL Split and you’ll find many of the tech features in our Prospector Split the direct result from his input. A powerful freerider he also loves shredding his Raptor in some of the most gnarly sidecountry at Kicking Horse. Heavily involved in the Canuck Splitboard Festival, Mark has helped raise thousands of dollars for the Canadian Avalanche Foundation and the Craig Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund.

#### a.k.a. fatbob: Nottingham, United Kingdom

Through his work as a moderator and reviewer on the UK snowboard forum goneboarding Never Summer 2013 Board Review | GONEboarding , producing videos on his fatbobfilms FATBOBfilms, and has had articles published on the online snowboard journal Snowpshere and a ‘Last Lift’ article published in December 2007’s issue of Whitelines. #### continually shows his dedication to snowboarding. Not just confined to video producing, he is a qualified Level 2 Instructor with the British Association of Snowboard Instructors. He also teaches part time at the Snowdome . With a quick trip across the channel he is epic Alps local’s like Champéry, Switzerland, testing and analyzing snowboard equipment. Outside of snowboarding #### is recently retired semi pro footballer took up the challenge of cycling a London to Paris ride in July 2012 on behalf of Christian Aid. The urge to give back to less fortunate apparently runs deep in Nottingham.

Vince Sanders-Product Development

Never Summer Industries

check the weather on your favorite resort, might be massively different in gunma. Dunno ifits actually warmer in truth, but the freezing level is going up. Monday it pops back down, but once again rain looks to be on the horizon. Its crappy of course, but it reminds you that theres a chance we've actually peaked and if we want to hit 40 days this season, we best getou arses out there just in case this and a few top ups over the next month, might be all we have to drag us through march. Ironically i LOVE riding mroe in late season just because i fear its going to come to a sudden shrieking end next week! The closer to march we go, the more full weekends ill be out there. :)

Also, when we gonna get the tenjin backcountry line report? :p

I'm definitly not the best person to write that report (Though I did go for a beautiful backcountry run with a skilled Japanese rider this year). I don't have av gear and I have a kid, so I'm trying to be smarter about where I ride. I do have a story of peril, determination and survival that I will be posting some time soon. I guess the preview would be me stuck in a sawa (gorge) somewhere outside of the ski resort boundery of Tenjin.

waxed my zerker about an hour ago... but feeling kinda drunk sleepy. What to do! must i scrape it tonight, or do i get up early and scrape it at nozawa or scrape it at home and get the later train? Also, where the hells my rain?

I want this crap over with already so its nice and sunny tomorrow.

Standing at the gates for the train...

as i watch it roll awaaaaay again.

Dammit! (i mean er... <whistle>)

At least it wasnt the 9.36 :( Stupid me, should have done the scraping last night just like i KNEW i should have.

PS. Rain did come. Its wet roads out there. No rain at the moment though. Temps seem unseasonably comfortable (though not necessarily warm), and thus far it looks like its not quite as heavy (at least down chikuma way) as i thought itd be. So probably a bleh day, but maybe clear enough to not feel pissed off by the wet.

banya got back to me last night, but i didnt really understand, i just wanted to know the price for the split, drilling etc. I think he thought i was asking him how much for the individual bits and bobs so i could slit it myself maybe? Either way, added up it was closer to 40,000 yen rather than the 26,500 i thought it was, so have to wait for clarification before i lug my slasher to hakuba and then spend another 4000 or so yen to ride the hill for a half day. So yep yep, nozawa for me. Almost tempted to burn the second madarao ticket since i could have just got the next train and not had to sit around too ong waiting for the 9.36. But to hell with it, did the socially responsible thing and had a shower. I stink no more! well... my clothes still stink. Im the living embodiment of pigpen after all. I was the dirtiest kid in school (in the mockkit sense). It hasnt changed much to be honest :)

I was going to go hakuba to get my charlie split. But the cost is looking about 13,000 yen more than i thought. I asked for clarification. They havent got back to me yet, and im only going to hakuba if i really HAVE to. So until they get back to me (and until the price comes back down i guess) ill be off to Nozawa. :)

Just coming past toyono now, and I have to say for the start of Feb its looking reeeeeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyy shitty out there. I don't just mean the clear melt around the 400m altitude on the terrain, but on the mountains on either side. The weather in the last two weeks has done a real number on the season...