• SnowJapan Admin

Yes thanks Gary.

As you noted right now we are just totally busy and I can't get Bob and gang on the case right now.

Strange, as some have gone up ok.

Anyway, one more thing to add to the 'to do' list!

Looks good! Ii naaa.

i actually found that really cute! You brought the song (one im pretty sure id hate any other time to be honest), to life. Nice edit dude. :)

It is and it's not.....like all places you have to know where to go, but Kagura has a lot of easy accessed pow runs, mostly feeding back to the pistes. You'd lap it up Mike, I reckon.

I think the most open part for me was the part where Im following Yumiko after 1m30 - I didn't know about that run until Yumiko showed me - it runs from the very top lift and down to the Tashiro/Kagura link. Might not be quite steep enough if it's really deep though, but still, its so wide and open, you won't be crossing anybody elses tracks much.

I wasn't sure about the song myself, just something I found on YouTube, but it seemed to work well for the video. Its the first video I edited where I think I timed all the edits well with the music.

I think Kagura is my favourite for a day trip from Tokyo - if there are any resorts with similar easily accessed powder runs which are as easily accessed from the Tokyo area (i.e. probably around Yuzawa) I'd love to hear about them! I heard the Myoko area and Madarao are good options, but not really do-able in a comfortable day-trip.

I guess the trees are a bit tighter and the terain a bit more tricky in other parts at Kagura - I think any decent skier who watches the video can tell that I'm finding it pretty challenging at times, but I think I am getting better slowly. My only problem with Kagura is that the runs are a tad short - the opening of the top lift improves this a little, but getting to that lift involves taking the quad, then making a bit of a traverse and a short ski down then the slow, final romance lift to the very top.

I still haven't really found anything in the Tashiro area - Just underneath the No. 6 and No. 8 romance lifts - other than that it all just seems like a lot of flat green runs when I go there. Maybe I need to search a bit harder...!

By the very top lift, do you mean the forestry lift that only opens in March? If so I take it you hiked out the boundary? Or do you mean the top quad, then headed off into the trees to the left as you get off the quad? I've traversed across from the Tashiro access track to get some nice untouched lines but I've never done it right from the top-top (forestry lift) I've seen people go off there and I've seen great pics that I think is there but I've never been with anyone in the know. Last April me and Sand were discussing this very line but he didn't know either so we decided not to venture off

Yep, the top forestry lift that opens in march (think it opens February this year). No hiking needed just get off the lift, duck the rope directly in front of you and go skiers left towards Tashiro. I'd be a bit hesitant to do it if there was much more than 30 cms of powder because it does flatten out a bit, but as you can see, Yumiko and I had no problems and it was at least boot deep that day.

Yep, the top forestry lift that opens in march (think it opens February this year). No hiking needed just get off the lift, duck the rope directly in front of you and go skiers left towards Tashiro. I'd be a bit hesitant to do it if there was much more than 30 cms of powder because it does flatten out a bit, but as you can see, Yumiko and I had no problems and it was at least boot deep that day.

Ah yeah....I've been only as far as the crest of the ridge/hill behind the trees and then I couldn't see where it lead to so I turned left back thru the trees and into the resort. Maybe this March :)

http://www.snowjapan...y/naeba-now.php

1st Feb!

Have mailed SJ about the day after the day after tomorrow. ;)

Holy shit! thats going to kick ass! Im tempted to make a line over to kagura just to experience the area in its peak instead of when the snow is starting to get heavy and wet. Dunno about that Tashiro face though, i always bricked it cutting across it to get on that line through the trees to lift 7(?) i think it was.