For instance you get out of a cable car or a gondola, the snow in a blizzard melts on your relatively-warm outer lens and re-freezes instantaneously, leaving a layer of frozen ice crystals on it and blocks your vision.

Another scenario would be on a chairlift. It is sleeting at the valley and the watery ice crystals deposit on to the outer lens. At the summit the temperature is below freezing and the sleet freezes and sticks firmly on the lens.

What would you do in such occasion?

You can try to scrape it off (some gloves have a kind of plastic scraper built in onto the thumb), failing that you could take a quick break and melt the ice off with a blow dryer in the restaurant toilets or you could whip out your emergency goggles from your pocket which it is always a good idea to be carrying on snowy or deep powder days...!

If I was stuck out on the hill and couldn't get inside I would hold my bare hand to the lens until the ice was gone and then would use the bag it came in to wipe it. Never wipe the inside after it has gotten a bit wet. I always have two lenses with me incase something like this happens.