• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

Did I mention the slow lifts, expensive lift tickets, poor parking and the fact that its full of snowboarder kids with their pants around their knees sitting in the middle of the runs at madarao?

You are so right - it's all crap........and they never clear the car park - that track you buldozed was through snow built up from November on. It hardly ever snows

Most american calendars go from the current year (say January 2014) through the whole year then another month or two (say February of 2015). Gives lazy people time to get off their asses and go buy another calendar.

Although I rarely see paper calendars in use anymore. Still. Some epic pictures there :thumbsup:

Reminds me of the asteroid escape in star wars episode 5, you dodging all those branches!

Out of curiosity, what settings on the gopro are you using? looks like a 4:3 aspect ratio, so I don't know if you decided on that resolution in need of higher FPS or what. Also which gopro model?

You leave the car running at night with car danchi too? Bunch of random questions at once, sorry!

Your videos excite me since I don't get my board till Saturday.

Its the original gopro hero.

Setting is 720p? It gives a wider frame than the 1080p.

I also hang the camera under the pole rather than on top like most people so I have it set to film upside down.

Car running all night? Hell no. Thats a good way to die from the exhaust fumes.

800 fill down jacket, pants, booties (for cold nights), down doona, synthetic blanket on top of that. Drivers window opened 5mm or so.

I thought 720p would still do a 16:9 aspect ratio. Not important, just noticed it after watching over a dozen of your videos.

I was pulling at straws with your night setup. Knowing me, I'd try the same, leave the car on, then have the snow cover the exhaust and die in my sleep >.>,

I guess all that with the girlfriend there makes it comfy enough. Probably warmer there than it is in our appartment at night. Surprisingly it is 5 here today and all my glorious snow is melting! BWAAAAAAH

Yeah we just havent had the snow I built those boards for seemore, also the terrain here is different with narrowvwindyvtracks out where the wide waist widths are a real pain in the backside.

All that on top of my injured swollen knee, Im basically taking the easiest option atm which is the birdman.

Im at Iiyama which is an awesome location to base yourself.

Its basically in a valley surrounded by resorts. From where I sit now I can see Nozawa, Kijimadaira, Ryuoo, madarao and Togari with Myoko and Shiga Kogen just out of sight.

After being pretty disappointed with Nozawa initially I now love the place. Purely for its out of bounds tree runs, but there are a lot of hazards and some pretty dangerous terrain there. Lots of people have avalanche gear which is definately needed IMO but lots dont. People are bombing the backbowls without a second thought the morning after a big dump etc.

So yes Nozawa does have awesome terrain, but its ALL out of bounds and avy smarts are definately required.

Compared to Hokkaido it just doesnt snow enough though, it never really gets cold and is often above 0c. If you could have Nozawa terrain with Hokkaido snow it would be insane.