• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

In my humble opinion nozawa is shit atm. It needs a lot of snow.

I also dont really like the layout as much as other places I have been to, hopefully it gets better as I get to know the place more.

We just went for a drive to myoko and it looks much better. Around noz tgere is maybe 30cm of snow on the side of the road (if that). In myoko there was well over 1m everywhere and way less people.

Yeah Im sure it will come Iiyamadude. I have been scoping some bc lines around togari way.

I also just had the best onsen of my life at togari onsen. Outdoor with heavy snow falling keeping the hot cold ratio in check, then the clouds parted giving me an across the valley view of nozawa. Beautiful.

I also dont really like the layout as much as other places I have been to, hopefully it gets better as I get to know the place more.

We just went for a drive to myoko and it looks much better. Around noz tgere is maybe 30cm of snow on the side of the road (if that). In myoko there was well over 1m everywhere and way less people.

Oh man that suxs for nozawa I am going there in February I hope there is some dumps.

I went to hakuba last year and loved it, but everyone was telling me there is lot more snow nozawa and myoko..

Where are you going to hit up during the next dump?

Up the hill to Madarao Airwave areas and over the back down to Tangram would be my pick if I was that close

Nothing worth taking pics of in nozawa at the moment unfortunately mate. Too many punters and not enough depth or fresh snow.

Tomorrow is set to bring a nice few days of snowfall and low temps, could be the start of good things to come.

Nothing worth taking pics of in nozawa at the moment unfortunately mate. Too many punters and not enough depth or fresh snow.

Tomorrow is set to bring a nice few days of snowfall and low temps, could be the start of good things to come.

i truly hope so, i can't wait till feb comes around.

I went to Nozawa years ago and hated it. It really isn't designed for snowboarders and it seemed to be much busier than resorts of similar size. I decided to give it another chance but ended up feeling the same way. If the goal is boarding then you'd be better off going somewhere else, especially since they aren't getting any good snow at the moment.

I agree with you all. Its basically a shithole with average terrain, poor lift layout, zero parking in town and angry locals. Even the sidecountry is fairly limited and is quite dangerous too.

Oh and its 10x as busy as everywhere else in the area.

If I didnt have 120k tied up in season passes I would leave it and not look back.

I must admit, I have never been overly-excited at Nozawa myself.

Perhaps mainly because I have never timed it particularly well re: snow / clear weather.

But what's with the angry locals comment? Keen to hear more on that.

To Nozawa Onsen.

After 3 holidays in Hokkaido I decided to try nozawa out. It seemed like a nice village with a good atmosphere, somewhere that you could feel welcome.

How wrong could I be.

We were just abused and told we could not park in the empty car park of the souvineer shop near the nakao no yu onsen by a very angry man on the roof shoveling snow.

There is no one in town today, empty car parks everywhere but none that were available it seems.

The locals care more about empty car parks than they do about the tourism industry.

All we wanted was to have an onsen in the so called onsen town. Instead we have been chased away and really dont feel like going back at all.

Its a pity we both purchased season passes because if we had not we would definately leave this town and its negative atmosphere behind and find a town that does want us.

Let's perspectives.

Parking is a problem in Nozawa as you have found out.

Space is limited and often owned by pensions and ryokans.

They are probably fed up of people who are not staying at their place parking in their car park.

There might not be someone there now, but they might be turning up soon.

(And even so, they may just be fed up of people using their facilities when they shouldn't. It's sort of understandable).

And maybe the angry guy got up with a headache, or hasn't kissed a woman for a long time, or something.

Nozawa is 'known for' it's people to be friendly, not angry. So perhaps a bigger sample should be taken.

:thumbsup: