• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

I think you need to start a new thread for 2014 so I don't have to wade through this years stuff to get to the Juicy bits.

White Wombat (Eats, Roots, Shoots & Leaves) ????.

hmmmm...maybe last season. Not too sure the gf would approve of that kind of 'wombat' lifestyle!

Nice car Goz.

Get the car danchi started!

:)

Seemore. If you are using your phone change it from mobile mode to normal mode. This gives you the option to get straight to the last page like normal. The mobile version makes for some serious wading lol.

That kind of wombat is definately not me this year. Its more eats, sleeps and pays the bills lol.

I had a good day working today despite being dragged off to my fav tempura restaurant for lunch (terrible I know).

I got the bed frame built, should have it finished tomorrow. I had my gfs grandfather helping me which was fun in an "I dont speak japanese and you dont speak english" kind of way.

I just had my new snow tyres fitted at the local yellow hat. They checked the battery and it was barely responding so I put a new one in it. More money lol but better than getting caught out.

Just found this thread and read every last post. What you've done/doing is so awesome. Spewing I didn't find it earlier. Me and a mate are are doing a similar thing. We just been in Honshu for 3 weeks now we are in Hokkaido for 5 more! Anywhere you can recommend/avoid? Can't believe the guide books or the websites, they're all full of it. Hopping to for a more all round 'Japanese' experience rather than the norm but with plenty of side and backcountry too!

Also we Just came from Nowaza. Backcountry's great. Go to the top and explore the ridge line riders left and always drop in on the right. We were the only ones hiking it and got fresh lines for 3 days after last snow. If we were there longer we would of got more.

Sweet!

We are currently parked in a massive car danchi of 50+ cars in Iiyama information centre. Its like a mobile city lol.

Nozawa is crazy busy atm, we had our first day on snow today. My gf took a lesson which she enjoyed and I went scoping things out. The area you mention seems the pick of the bunch.

In Hokkaido my fav haunts are rusutsu and teine. Send me a pm and i will reply with some info for you.

That's a dedicated girlfriend. My wife isn't passionate enough about it to want to do something as extreme as that (if you think about it from an outside perspective anyway) But she'd have no problem letting me go on my own.

I hope you guys get dumped on so you can enjoy!

I got in there today. Really nice up top but damn its a long runout and a long time riding lifts to get back up.

Stability is fine. I made a few big cuts on steep sections and it didnt want to let go.