• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

Epic take down. Camera rolled for a fair way!

Wiped out badly. Funny watching the camera roll about now

but now know why you were pissed off at the time. Lucky no trees in the way, you were fair haulin'

Looks like to me he did that on purpose ... not trying to piss you off even more, but .... He defo took off from behind to catch up with you. Whether he wanted to be part of a scene (?) he had plenty of space to evade and not grab your boom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

top pics . thanks. am trying to work out how to do a car danchi this year...

a Winter K pass sounds good to me..

Agreed - this was definitely one of my favourite posts of the season! When and where are you thinking of going KD?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey!

hmm.. won't let me PM you yet. Just letting you know I picked up a 180cm birdman based off your suggestions earlier this year. Going to bring it all over with the household goods when I ship. I didn't see anything about the boots or bindings you use. I'm not sure if I'm going to have issues with stiffness or not, but definitely want to buy here in the next month or so pre-season. I'm moving out in about a month now! :groovy:

You will love the birdman, its an absolutely epic ride!

The best boots are the ones that fit your foot so try a lot on. I love double boa.

As for binding I have used diodes for 2 years now and broken 4 highbacks. They are weak and I do not recommend them at all. I am now using my spark burners with a solid puck

20130603_204925.jpg

20130603_205002.jpg

Good luck with the move to japan. Its a dream of mine I hope to make a reality one day.

I might see you in Aomori this coming season if I make it up there.

Thanks for the info! Even though you aren't doing Hokkaido trip, if you make it to Aomori let me know. I'll have a pass to Hakkoda and will be running it with some friends out that way. I'll PM you my info once I get settled in.

• 3 months later...

So 2013/2014 season here we go.

I have been in jp for a few weeks at my gfs place in saitama. I got my hands on the car I bought 12 days ago (long story dont ask lol) and am about to start pimping it car danchi style.

6 weeks in nagano is on the menu, a few new boards to test out and new terrain to explore.

Alas, the gozaimaas experience continues.

I call it the white wombat.

20131228_152457_zpsa203d508.jpg

What kind of parking lots are you going to crash in? Do the resorts care? I looked at car danchi back when I found out about it but never took doing it seriously. Since I'm here now, I'd definitely consider doing it, since we have a decent sized car.