The boards are holding up really well. No failures at all. Ive settled on the thickest one for myself which is the one you see in the vids. I will actually be heading home with one less board than i came with ;-) I am also loving the birdman and i have some other shapes in mind for when i get home. Riding different boards really spices up the experience. Actually the thickest board that i have given the biggest hiding is the one that i forgot to put the vds rubber over the steel edges an i expected it to start delaminating but it hasnt yet.

Think you should start selling them out of the back of your "van" next season! Reckon you'd do ok and the sale proceeds would go some way to paying for your trip! :D

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

The boards are holding up really well. No failures at all. Ive settled on the thickest one for myself which is the one you see in the vids. I will actually be heading home with one less board than i came with ;-) I am also loving the birdman and i have some other shapes in mind for when i get home. Riding different boards really spices up the experience. Actually the thickest board that i have given the biggest hiding is the one that i forgot to put the vds rubber over the steel edges an i expected it to start delaminating but it hasnt yet.

Think you should start selling them out of the back of your "van" next season! Reckon you'd do ok and the sale proceeds would go some way to paying for your trip! :D

:lol: he'd have. Helluva excess baggage charge on the way over though.
thanks for all the videos and the inspiration. top job, bloke.
thanks mate. I actually stopped posting cause I thought I was boring people lol. Last day on snow today and its calm weather but massivly windblown snow.

:lol: he'd have. Helluva excess baggage charge on the way over though.
Im going home with one less board than I came with!

Goz,

Your stuff is interesting - keep posting!

So who bought a board? C'mon... Spill!!!

PB kept an eye out for you on the hill, was keen to talk boards, but sadly you didn't connect.

He's heading home tomorrow also - be back in hot Perth hell on tuesday.

I don't envy you guys the temperature shock!

Goz,Your stuff is interesting - keep posting!

+1! :thumbsup: It's not often you meet (if only virtually!!) someone who talks the talk, walks the walk and boards the board(s) that they've made themselves - as shown by all the vids, so keep doing what you're doing and let me demo one of your boards in Rusutsu next season! :D

Well said Mick

I just need one a bit smaller than the one I tried but it rode really well and I would be happy riding one not bad for a 1st try at making boards.

Goz,

PB kept an eye out for you on the hill, was keen to talk boards, but sadly you didn't connect.

One went home with a new owner to perth of all places! Didnt know anyone from there snowboarded LOL.

My GF assures me its cold back at home but considering -5 is my new average temp Ill be sweating I think.

Ill be back next year with more boards! Ive learned a lot and have some interesting shapes in mind.

Sitting at kutchan coin laundry now washing my bag of smellies after a morning spent playing what could only be described as "coin laundry wars"

It should be noted that the vibe of the region is very different now, hardly a round eye to be seen and locals seem to be working very hard to get rid of all the snow that they have piled up for the last few months. Its almost like they know its over.

Goz,

One went home with a new owner to perth of all places! Didnt know anyone from there snowboarded LOL.

My GF assures me its cold back at home but considering -5 is my new average temp Ill be sweating I think.

:lol:

Righto, so I need to go around to seemores place to check it out then? ;)

Don't diss the Perth snowboard community, dude - you know we are fanatics!! :lol:

This is my 13yr old yesterday competing at the International Children's Winter Games in Ufa, Russia.

225527_10200205905664111_159075037_n.jpg

This is my 19yr old in Niseko a couple of years ago..(hard to get photos of that one!)

167746_1676679410608_6315147_n.jpg

21yr old is camera shy, but has fun..

24467_1340412524146_1081372_n.jpg

15yr olds been busy playing water polo and hasn't been to the snow lately - this was a couple of years ago

26718_1338451235115_6620244_n.jpg

PB has a bash.

163175_1674277630565_3839514_n.jpg

And I do my best to keep up..

179377_1674267030300_3861876_n.jpg

People of Perth ROCK!!! ;)

It should be noted that the vibe of the region is very different now, hardly a round eye to be seen and locals seem to be working very hard to get rid of all the snow that they have piled up for the last few months. Its almost like they know its over.

Yeah on Wednesday it's starting to warm up and go positive up to 5 degrees on Thursday.

I am sure there will still be good days but the official depth has started to drop aswell.

Start planning next year.

MB

Baby Bear is rockin it how did he go?

And no I didn't bring one home with me :friend:

DAMN!!! I thought I was going to get the opportunity to run my hands over a Goz creation!!

Baby Bear did awesome.

Loads of personal bests and new experiences. Bearing in mind he had never competed in anything on the snow before (thanks to living in Perth) he has now ticked off the Kokusai Cup in Myoko Kogen, and both Boarder Cross and Slopestyle in Ufa, Russia at the ICWG. But the boys from Perth were always going to be the Jamaican Boblsed team of the kiddos Winter Games, so no medals. But they were most definitely competitive. I think he will remember the experience for his lifetime. Medals went to Russians (1st and 2nd in both boys and girls) and 3rd and 4th went to Austria and Italy, in opposite order in the boys and girls - for the two snowboarding disciplines anyway.

For now it is back to the usual - holiday trips over to Japan to find some pow, and hanging with mates.

Goz, I'll be in Thredbo for opening weekend for at least two weeks - would love to catch up if you are going to be up that way.

Wooah lets just see if theres any white stuff on the ground first!
I'm heading over for a Wedding so white stuff or not I'll be there (there will be a white dress anyway). And I'm staying to do some ski lessons with Gareth and Nikki, so man made will do fine for that. Hopefully Ullr will take pity on me and deliver. If you're around, let me know. :)

Cheers bud. Just scoffed on chili crab cakes at chitose and seen a life changing short skirt long boot combo.

welcome to the reason that all red blooded males live here (and some females I'm sure......that combo would turn the most hetero lady into a bi-curious animal) :evilgrin: