Not much fresh around atm man. A few cm here and there but no big dumps. We both know thats how it goes even in hokkaido. Just been enjoying the scenery more than anything. The ice fall festival in sounkyo rearanged my mind last night lol.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

Saw the vid looked good man.

I wasnt too impressed with the riding at asahidake but the experience was good. Kurodake kills it IMO for scenery and overall experience.

I just got mobbed again, happens all the time lol

20130214_185213.jpg

Nice shirt!

Sorry to hear about what happened to your monopod/pole. I only started using the upside down gopro pole mount view after viewing your vids. I've actually gone through three different monopods all of which have been broken. Have you found any alternatives? Will you ever do any POV shots?

The mounts that break are the gopro links. My new pole is sturdy as anything and cost jpy480 from homac. I like the upside down mount,had plenty tell me i need turn it up the right way but id rather see the board than my ugly head lol.

Ive done pov and dont like it. I prefer a rear view pole shot but they are often scrapped due to too much snow on the lense.

Something tells me there will be new material tomoz

Saw the vid looked good man.

I wasnt too impressed with the riding at asahidake but the experience was good. Kurodake kills it IMO for scenery and overall experience.

I just got mobbed again, happens all the time lol

20130214_185213.jpg

Mate the chicks dig you

Well I havent posted for a few days but conditions have been epic. Pity my gopro has decided to not save files anymore. Ive missed out on footage from 2 of the deepest days Ive ever had unfortunately.

First was Kiroro on saturday. It was stupid deep, The morning was pure insanity using the groomers which had 30cm of pow on them to gain enough speed to hit the pow on the side which was up to my waist at times which is pretty damn high. Absolutely epic morning. Footage of this morning would have been crazy.

It was one of those days where it would have been better with less snow, it sounds stupid I know but Kiroro is painfully flat on a hardpack day and has the worst lift layout I have ever seen so on a big pow day like saturday you are totally restricted for terrain unless you like walking out as we did on many occasions often in chest deep snow. They have so much good terrain that you cannot hit without a painful exit due to the poor lift layout. There are some excellent parts of the resort but on a whole it gets very annoying looking at good fall line and riding flat crap.

Sunday at Sapporo Teine.

The storm was smashing everything in that area and not doing much down south so we headed north to get some. Looking for some steeps after yesterdays moderately disappointing experience at Kiroro we headed to Teine. WOW what a difference steepness makes on a deep deep day. It was chalk and cheese compared to yesterday. Big steep bowls that you could just fly down and really make use of the powder, lots of aggressive riding, surfing on top rather than chugging through up to your waist and slowing down, it was the ultimate combination of snow and terrain. Thank you Teine you make Kiroro look like a bunny slope!

I am gutted that I have no footage from yesterday but I do have the memories!

I was up at Teine yesterday too! What an awesome day it was, one of the best I've ever had there. Steep and deep, with lots of fast laps of the bowls.

We probably would have crossed paths at some point!

Yea, good times, Gozimaas! Let's break out the skins soon..

And Mag7 holy hell nice drop!

I managed to kick off a very small slide on a short steep and deep bump in the trees on bowl 5 (i think) - whiteout from behind! will have to check if it shows up on the gopro..

Some of the spots in the bowls were so deep! I actually submarined on landing a few drops!

Launching:

med_gallery_11253_201_14435.jpeg

Submarine! Totally under the pow!

gallery_11253_201_14125.jpeg

I rode away from it. Laughing!

lol it was the day for it

Your new furniture looks great from the front yard btw bill!

Thanks. That's really my decorator's doing. Nice look, eh?

Unless you are really parked in my front yard, looking in the window. Never know with you.