• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

Spent a few hours searching for a mate who didnt pop out of the trees after a run. I followed a track afew hundred meters out of bounds and heading away from the resort and found him hiking away from the resort in chest deep powder totally exhausted. If i hadnt found him so soon I fear what would have happened to him, he would have spent the night out for sure.

Damn thats a SCARY story. Kudos for going to look for him. I've wondered a couple times when is it time to go get patrol. Luckliy both times the guys have been OK after long hike outs.

It's so easy to get disoriented in those conditions. Two mates and I did similar a few years ago off the peak of Isola. Ended up sliding/hiking 18 kms, found a pig farmer who gave us a lift back to the resort. Scared us shitless. Glad your mate is ok.

I got taken out by this guy early this morning at mach 1 speed. Looking at the vid he saw me fly past him, tried to catch me and when I turned in to hit the 80cm wall of powder on the side he took me out. He barely even got an edge to slow down.Snapped my gopro mount so I spent the next 20 mins looking for that.

vlcsnap-2013-02-09-19h14m25s2.png

Spent a few hours searching for a mate who didnt pop out of the trees after a run. I followed a track afew hundred meters out of bounds and heading away from the resort and found him hiking away from the resort in chest deep powder totally exhausted. If i hadnt found him so soon I fear what would have happened to him, he would have spent the night out for sure.

Damn thats a SCARY story. Kudos for going to look for him. I've wondered a couple times when is it time to go get patrol. Luckliy both times the guys have been OK after long hike outs.

from my experience today if you cant find them in 45 mins get patrol involved

I got taken out by this guy early this morning at mach 1 speed. Looking at the vid he saw me fly past him, tried to catch me and when I turned in to hit the 80cm wall of powder on the side he took me out. He barely even got an edge to slow down.Snapped my gopro mount so I spent the next 20 mins looking for that.

Hope you didn't come up from behind this poor chappie. If you did it's your fault :p

Hope you didn't come up from behind this poor chappie. If you did it's your fault :p

No he comes from behind and totally skunks me. Vid is 20 mins long unfortunately while I Search for the gopro.

youtube has pretty decent online video editing. just sux you'd need to upload the whole thing to edit it down.

never a dull moment, eh?

Ill try it

how are you getting the screen grabs, BTW? just pulling from the movies or is there some GoPro feature I'm missing?

And good to hear your riding bud made it back thanks to you. awesome.

Ill try it

how are you getting the screen grabs, BTW? just pulling from the movies or is there some GoPro feature I'm missing?

Looks all good Gozaimaas

can download Cineform studio from GoPro site for free, has a few features one is being able to cut the clip before uploading. Screen grabs are available from Windows movie maker, also free, and so I assume also available from the Mac free software.

Ill try it

With the Black Edition you are able to set it to photo + video mode, so you can take a photo every half a second if you want, and still record HD video (though not at the highest speed settings)

• Like 1

Im in asahikawa now after a few days travelling around. Did yubari= hill witha few good bits. Tomamu= shit hole with hardly any lifts that run. Worst place ive ridden in japan. Sahoro= plenty of good terrain, steeper than most, ghost town maybe 100 people there lol. Kurodake ropuway, amazing views.

Im off to asahidake now and its belting down snow