No I slid into a tree as I was coming to a stop and just bent my ankle a bit too far. Its feeling much better now though. I just got back from Kutchan and its absolutely belting down over there.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

Thanks for the photo of the car danchi. :)

I would love to do a car danchi of hokkaido and maybe even tohoku too.

good luck with it. I have done a couple of seasons in my van in Oz skiing perisher. no problems.

+ 1 with kokodoko on car danchi

(after some research I had come to the conclusion of something similar - car model wise)

Also like the photo a few back of ducking thru the trees - looking forward to seeing more.

Toyota Noah. Im 6 foot 3 and all the seats fold down into a bed that is plenty for me. JPY193,000 for 6 weeks.

There will be heaps of pics and vids coming, Ive had dramas with the gopro so only taken a few vids so far. Its funny the official report was 5cm yesterday and we were waist deep in the bowls.

damn! nice vids. try to get a bag or snow/ice on that ankle after you use it for the day. 15-20minutes once or twice should do it. will heal it much faster. +ibuprophen 800mg 3xdaily with water and food if it's swollen.

Toyota Noah. . JPY193,000 for 6 weeks.

Wow that's awesome value. How did your source it mate?

Booked online a few weeks before I left. The price in the shop was actually cheaper than I was quoted online and it included the insurance which it said wasnt included online.

Lapped all morning with Seemore too, was epic times. I remember thinking on that first run when I was choking on snow and this is what it must feel like in an avalanche as I seriously couldnt breathe in those face shots.

Splitting up to the top of teine highland on a 40cm+ day where the top litfs were closed due to wind.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-19h19m46s173.png

On the way down, serious wind drifted powder stashes

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-19h24m38s26.png

More rusutsu whiteroom goodness

vlcsnap-2013-01-27-19h57m45s192.png

• Like 1

Man that last pic is spooky. Looks like it was worth the hike though :) Hows the ankle?

Spooky good lol. The ankle is still swollen, think I did a partial tear of something down there on the inside of my ankle, had a day off again today as conditions are shit. Massive wall of snow on the way looking at the forecast.

Hells yeah!

Go pro pic of the season!

Believe it or not I was actually demoing a NS board in that photo!

Theyve jumped the shark on this. You know it, i know it, theyre pretending not to know it, but they know its a risk. I think they actually banned me at one point. I was locked out of my account for around thirty minutes after my last post. Maybe they thought better of it because i can log in again. Not that id honestly want to. Snowolf doesnt take criticism well, eh? :) Honestly it was around a year and a half ago they completely lost the plot. I remember being in the forum just checking out boards and threads and all i kept seeing was "you should grab a heritage!" It wasnt the big dudes saying it, it was all the people like me. Just regular posters with limited experience maybe even just buying their first board... and a high performance twin at that. And i realised there and then the kool aide was fully distributed and the cycle started in 2010 was complete. The massive hype on neversummer in the forums had proliferated through the entire userbase and there was little chance of any genuine discussion occurring. Sure, on an individual level youll find good discussion, but as a site, its like frankensteins monster now. Good luck to them, im sure theyll never understand whats going on until the people keeping the nevrsummer hype in check like yourself get fed up with it all and just start posting on EL or somewhere new.

Yeah my fave is the one I figured would be my perfect thickness when I did the math, go figure lol. I call it the 54.8 cause thats the thickness it goes through the sander at on my profiling bed. Its perfect for me and delivers edge hold that ive only dreamed of before and cuts through serious crud and windblown snow like its not even there. Once again Im stoked just to ride one down the mountain but to have it be so damn good is just mind blowing. From what I figure a 0.2mm reduction in core thickness for every 10kg in rider weight will be perfect. Seemore had a go on the 54.8 and loved it (although too big for him) but he would be better off on a 54.0 or so at his weight and shorter aswell.

I also absolutely love my 180 birdman.

• Like 1

Hells yeah!

Go pro pic of the season!

Believe it or not I was actually demoing a NS board in that photo!

Theyve jumped the shark on this. You know it, i know it, theyre pretending not to know it, but they know its a risk. I think they actually banned me at one point. I was locked out of my account for around thirty minutes after my last post. Maybe they thought better of it because i can log in again. Not that id honestly want to. Snowolf doesnt take criticism well, eh? :) Honestly it was around a year and a half ago they completely lost the plot. I remember being in the forum just checking out boards and threads and all i kept seeing was "you should grab a heritage!" It wasnt the big dudes saying it, it was all the people like me. Just regular posters, and i realised there and then the kool aide was fully distributed and the cycle started in 2010 was complete. The massive hype on neversummer in the forums had rpoliferated through the entire userbase and there was little chance of any genuine discussion occurring. Sure, on an individual level youll find good discussion, but as a site, its like frankensteins monster now. Good luck to them, im sure theyll never understand whats going on until the people keeping thenevrsummer hype in check get fed up with it all and just start posting on EL or somewhere new.

+1 ipp. I stuck my neck out and its getting chewed off

Dont worry dude. Theyre on shutdown. Did you see the post he made saying "you just dont ****ing listen?". He pulled it about 5 minutes later. Id say its a shocking turn of events, but well, you know, it isnt. In any way shape or form. Whats shocking is only that theyre daft enough to openly declare the relationship. Yes! we have 15 new neversummer riders on our forums! This definitely not in any way will result in saturated coverage of neversummer in the forums! why youd have to "think we rigged the moon landings!" to come out with such an absurd idea.Just look at the 2014 thread! NO ONE is talking about Neversummer! You people are "KOOKS", and "butt hurt whiners",

Sorry i cant be there to back you up now, but ive said my piece and washed my hands of the site in truth. Plus im a massive keyboard warrior. I cant let thing lie without having the final word, so the only way to get out of this is to just let them rant and watch it all implode from the sidelines.

...At least EL have the good grace to mock the C3 hype on the site.

Ill also stop crapping on your hokkaido trip diary as well, its not really the thread for my moaning. Id say keep fighting the good fight but i honesty wouldnt bother. The wagons are circled and its siege mentality lock down in the thread. Just go comment on other stuff and dont rise to the troll bait. :)

ETA: Thread locked, and new thread descending into chaos. I dunno why he had to blow it up! And all because a very insignificant person on the site said "prepare to have neversummer rammed down your throat", I just meant the forum is a bit neversummer happy... but first my post gets pulled, the thread gets locked, the original thread that binary linked mysteriously vanishes, then two hours later theres a post announcing the new hook up directly referencing me with the words, we dont "ram neversummer down anyones throat". Then about twenty minutes after that, the threads unlocked and theres a post literally calling me out and telling me to go **** myself.

All i was getting at was that bias is pretty hard to eradicate and once you get used to the forum youll stop tuning in to the neversummer hype and just get on with discussin whatever you want to discuss. Im literally making his defence for him, and hes pretty much telling everyone on the forum im a c***. Ridiculous over reaction to a throw away comment in truth.

Haha this will make for some interesting reading for others trying to work out WTF is going on though!. FWIW he is actually a cool guy but this abortion of an idea has gotten out of hand and it cant be reeled in, he needs a ****ing holiday somewhere that snowboards have never been seen.

ANYWAY look at this feckin snow front that is coming tonight! YAAAAAAAY

A small spec of that blue hovering around has been resulting in 20cm dumps, this is 50 times bigger than anything ive seen since Ive been in Hokkaido.

hokkaidoweather1.png