Teine was open yesterday up top - we were lapping the summit express till it closed! But yeah, a lot came down last night and today. Tomorrow will be really nice for those lucky enough to be up there!

does anyone know - can i take a JR train to Teine station Monday a.m. and catch an easy shuttle bus to the Highlands?

or hitchhike up the hill?

i might make an early run for it...

or, there is an express bus that leaves from Sapporo -- supposed to have a reservation, but what happens if i just show up at the bus stop without one? total freakout?

EDIT: looks like the train works. i'll be shooting for that!

I guess in a bus, yeah probably 15-20 to Olympia, then another 5 to Highland. Depending on conditions. The road was lethal this weekend though (freezing rain Friday night, low down), so all vehicles were going up and down at a snail's pace, so it no doubt would've taken longer.

Mag7! I need to thank you for berating me with my major failing as a human being for missing saturday. (ok, kidding) but really, it spured me on to make the run today and it was pretty amazing.

met up with some random boarders on the train/bus and they knew the way. kicked my ass, though.

fyi, dudes said it actually opened sunday at 2pm (sorry to break that news to you all) so, while it was plenty good today, 2pm yesterday was the fresh tracks time.

and now need to go to some party (no refunds!) more later - gotta go now!

crap i'm tired!

Glad you got to Teine and had a good one today! Hopefully catch you up there at some point!

Kinda gutting to hear the lift opened and we could have had freshies. Oh well, we had a fun kicker session anyway!

med_gallery_11253_201_268135.png

• Like 1