I'm living in Sapporo at least through February and looking for backcountry partners up for a little adventure.

Girlfriend is works some/most days and she's more intermediate so I'm not thinking of hitting challenging terrain with her anyway...

got my splitboard and avy gear. kinda know my way around the area. interested in anywhere within a few hours of Sapporo, and multiday trips no problem.

big bonus if you have a 4wd. I have a Jp/international driver's license, too. i might be interested in sharing a cheap car, too.

My time is very flexible and mostly interested in chasing fresh pow. sidecountry is great. will hike for pow if it's worth it!

I'm an expert boarder, and done some limited backcountry and plenty of tree time.

anyone interested in similar?

Cheers,

-Bill

And I should say, not just backcountry. My splitboard works great at resorts. I'm also looking for resort partners for whenever the snow is looking fresh and ridetastic. Niseko roadtrip anyone?

And I suppose I can just grab a bus and a cheap room in Hirafu and meet up with off-piste sorts somewhere around town, too..

Hi Zezel

Try to get in contact with Gozaimaas he is on his way and will be around for Feb he may be the one as he does that kind of stuff

Awesome, thanks!

Hey Bill I just landed in hokkaido today. Ive set myself up at rusutsu for starters but I will be coming out to teine at some stage too. Basically Ive got a 4wd van, splitboard, avy gear and 6 weeks to burn. No phone though so just reply here and we will sort something out Im sure.

Hey Bill I just landed in hokkaido today. Ive set myself up at rusutsu for starters but I will be coming out to teine at some stage too. Basically Ive got a 4wd van, splitboard, avy gear and 6 weeks to burn. No phone though so just reply here and we will sort something out Im sure.

Alright Gozaimaas! Sounds like you are ready to rock. awesome. are you on facebook, or skype or email or something? I can't send PMs yet :confused: so please send me one with you email so we can keep in touch. do you have a phone with wifi, at least? you can get a b-mobile sim for data only for cheap now, fyi. more info here: http://www.japanmobiletech.com/2011/06/comparison-of-all-b-mobile-sims.html walk into Aeon and buy one.

and thanks for bringing all this blue sky and all :p though it looks like snow's coming in a day or two..

Had a great day at Rusutsu in December. Have you been to Asahidake, Kurodake and Tomamu? -high on my list now. Teine is close by - how's the off-piste access there?

-Cheers

I havent ridden at any of those places so its all a learning experience for me.

Edited by SJ-Pete
You should be able to contact by PM now. You can pay me later. ;)

Hey, SJ-Admins! Could I please have PM privileges to get this going? Thanks!

-Bill

[edit] I will try the contact form

He definitely needs a break. But not yet Pete. Keep at it! ;)

Teine is close by - how's the off-piste access there?

-Cheers

I'm often up at Teine. (Had a great day up there last Saturday) There is alot of off piste, a series of bowls with only a little bit of walking and a traverse back into the ski area. And some fun tree runs within the ropes.

Will be up there again this weekend. (Although the weather on Saturday is looking a bit sketchy, the wind might shut down the main Summit Express chair.

Im suffering at the hands of my broken spark burner LT pin atm. I snapped it yesterday and cant get a replacement anywhere in Hokkaido.

1 hour of use and im out of business.

IMG_3209_zps92efdd62.jpg

dude that sucks! f.w.i.w., i've got the blaze LT setup on my Mojo Rx.

i would think spark can help. I was going to have some things shipped from cali soon, if that helps. but that pin is so light they can probably ship it to you for nothing.

you might be able to drill out the piece you have left and re-attach the wire there. that and a rubberband like something to hold it in place.

also, checkout 2nd street used gear recycling stores. you won't find that pin, but you can at least pickup a board that will get you through until parts come.

and how the hell did that happen?? did the wire catch on something? the pins i have (fairly new - got them november), the wire is attached right at the bend, so that shouldn't happen.

is your pm working yet? send me your email addy.

Im suffering at the hands of my broken spark burner LT pin atm. I snapped it yesterday and cant get a replacement anywhere in Hokkaido.

Teine is close by - how's the off-piste access there?

-Cheers

I'm often up at Teine. (Had a great day up there last Saturday) There is alot of off piste, a series of bowls with only a little bit of walking and a traverse back into the ski area. And some fun tree runs within the ropes.

Will be up there again this weekend. (Although the weather on Saturday is looking a bit sketchy, the wind might shut down the main Summit Express chair.

Cool, thanks for the report! I'll likely check it out saturday with the girlfriend who's an intermediate boarder. please pm me with your email/phone if you want to ride together there. (my pm's not working yet..)

any discount lift tickets available? or other deals? and how to get there? is there a shuttle from the JR station? We're in Higashi right off the E-way if you're driving. :happyshades:

and between Tiene, Kiroro and Kokusai, are any of them better protected from the wind? i've only been to Kiroro and Kokusai.

Thanks again!

-cheers

dude that sucks! f.w.i.w., i've got the blaze LT setup on my Mojo Rx.

i would think spark can help. I was going to have some things shipped from cali soon, if that helps. but that pin is so light they can probably ship it to you for nothing.

you might be able to drill out the piece you have left and re-attach the wire there. that and a rubberband like something to hold it in place.

also, checkout 2nd street used gear recycling stores. you won't find that pin, but you can at least pickup a board that will get you through until parts come.

and how the hell did that happen?? did the wire catch on something? the pins i have (fairly new - got them november), the wire is attached right at the bend, so that shouldn't happen.

is your pm working yet? send me your email addy.

I have emailed them but no reply as yet.

As I was exiting the binding in tour mode my boot hooked onto the wire and it snapped so very easily. I need a replacement to get me going but when I get home Ill be making some stainless ones, I dont care what they weigh I never want to go through this experience again.

Hey ZelZel, cool, might see you up there on Saturday. Not sure what time I'll be getting up there as the Mrs wants a lie in! There is a shuttle from Teine JR. You can get a discount on a day pass (which takes it to less than the price of a 5 hr pass) if you know someone who has a K-Pass. I would offer to help, but I already have a couple of friends lined up for our discounts this weekend, sorry! I think there is also some kind of Bus/Pass/Lunch deal floating around, but I've never used it.

I'm in a red jacket, yellow pants, fat skis. I'll PM you my cell details if you want to take a few runs together. Should be a decent group of us up there tomorrow.

If anything, Teine (Highland) is probably more exposed to the wind and elements than Kiroro and Kokusai as it's so close to the sea. The forecast is looking a little more mellow than it was, so unfortunately not as much snow is predicted, but at least the wind shouldn't be as strong.

Ok, Mag- Sounds good.

And thanks for the discount tip. I'll look for someone there with a K-pass for that discount. Also realized my used Rusutsu ticket entitles a discount at Teine! -- you see that, Goziamaas?

I'm on splitboard, black pants, dark blue jacket, black helmet with GoPro on top. Give a shout!

Happy trails!

Hey ZelZel, cool, might see you up there on Saturday. Not sure what time I'll be getting up there as the Mrs wants a lie in! There is a shuttle from Teine JR. You can get a discount on a day pass (which takes it to less than the price of a 5 hr pass) if you know someone who has a K-Pass. I would offer to help, but I already have a couple of friends lined up for our discounts this weekend, sorry! I think there is also some kind of Bus/Pass/Lunch deals floating around, but I've never used it.

I'm in a red jacket, yellow pants, fat skis. I'll PM you my cell details if you want to take a few runs together. Should be a decent group of us up there tomorrow.

If anything, Teine (Highland) is probably more exposed to the wind and elements than Kiroro and Kokusai as it's so close to the sea. The forecast is looking a little more mellow than it was, so unfortunately not as much snow is predicted, but at least the wind shouldn't be as strong.

How busy does Teine get on weekends, Mag?

Olympia - the lower section, can get really busy. And up at Highland there are often alot of ski school groups zig zagging around on the pistes. But you rarely have to wait in a queue for the main Summit Express lift, and once you head off into the trees, you're all good. I generally lap the Summit lift. It's a steep, high speed quad, so you can get alot of runs in.

Of course, if you're there on a weekday it's even better! But on a powder day you can get fresh tracks all day even at the weekend.

looking to be at teine in about a weeks time. I have a K pass too if anyone wants to ride the discount from my pass

I'll be down with that, cheers. how many discounts do you get per day?

You can get 3 discounts per K-Pass.

ZelZel, you actually missed a good one on Saturday. Surprisingly, there was a good amount of snow up there, lots of pow in the bowls, and the place was deserted.

Today, not so good. There was tons of new snow, but the wind was too strong, so the summit lift was closed. We went and built a kicker on a roller on the Teine golf course and had a fun jump session overlooking the city!