• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you may have de-famed me there Rob   My attorneys will be in touch

I thought your were ready to give it all up last week Ippy..?? You sound pretty stoked to me.

Congrats, TB, on getting to Live the Dream.

So very almost decided not to bother, yet here I am, train to nozawa and way less busy. Still free seats available! Definitely feel like garbage though and only really the zerker turned it around for me.

Only a few clouds in the sky. Temps feel slightly warmer than expected. But definitely looking camera friendly at the minute. Pity only camera I have is the tablet (must buy anew iPod touch) and I doubt I'm taking that up. Should be a nice day for a cruise in the yamabiko pow. Definitely staying off tanuki today.

To be honest, just looking up the hill its looking kinda tracked out up there. Even runs like the small black steep off skyline into karasawa that no one ever uses looks completely shredded. Clouds moving in, temps definitely warm at minute and heard my first ever stay on piste please, warning from ski patrol in English. Guess there's a decent slide risk going into the afternoon. Or... maybe they're finally clamping down on it. Either way, I'm all about the cruising today. :)

Screwed up again. I think I, getting senile. Not once, but twice. First one though was HILARIOUS (if you were watching). Goggles fogged up a little bit coming up for my first line on yamabiko. Figured I'd head the skiers right line in the trees and then under the lift... super flat light, poor visit in my goggles, rolled off to where I thought the trees were when suddenly I was in some kind of free fall. Turns out there's now a path cut in to make the line easier to climb from the lift. Didn't have the slightest idea what was happening and slammed into an icy path 2 meters below where I thought I was. If you saw it you would have killed yourself laughing.

Second one, ducked the rope on skiers right to ride those trees. Great run, but I knew I was coming too low. Thought I could recover, but snow was way too deep to traverse. Had to boot pack it around the flat line to get back. Took just over an hour. Would have been MUCH longer, but was blessed by having four skiers who also popped a bit too low break the trail through. Almost ended the day right there. Took another couple of yamabiko lines down the creek beds, then headed to mizunashi to play. That cheered me up no end.had a fun blast down ushikubi saw the gondola queue stretch beyond the restaurants and decided to call it a day. Definitely have a couple of stress injuries for my bother. :) conditions were great, loads of powder, but as ever, too deep and slow up yamabiko. Ushikubi back to life though so might still pop out tomorrow for another one down the ridge lines.

Eta: there's serious amounts of snow around iiyama right now. :)

Got a flat organised......I'll be moving to Sapporo the end of March!!!

Look forward to next season shredding and talking up Hokkaido-most-consistent-powder-on-the-planet!! :p

Nice! Will see you in the mountains (hills?) of Hokkaido.

Teine was at its absolute best yesterday, deep and lots of fun with a big crew. Just heading out now to Mt Racey.

Sure Rob!

There's a capsule hotel just up the road

:p

It's OK. You can also stay in your flat when I'm there.

Teine was at its absolute best yesterday, deep and lots of fun with a big crew. Just heading out now to Mt Racey.

Care to 'show us' these places, MagSeven?

Cheers.

grats on the set up dude.

As for me, missed the train again. Stuck behind the barriers for 2 needless minutes while train to ueda pulled into the station, sat around for a bit and then finally trundled out. :/

Care to 'show us' these places, MagSeven?

Cheers.

Sure!

In the Teine bowls

med_gallery_11253_201_1295827.jpg

Under the summit express at Teine

med_gallery_11253_201_73797.jpg

Pow and sunshine at Mt Racey

med_gallery_11253_201_97383.jpg

med_gallery_11253_201_381799.jpg