Hello all!!

I was wondering what the conditions in Nagano region are typically like in March?? Is it super wet snow or are there still some fine days left in that month to shred???

Figuring out the schedule and budget with work so any and all input is greatly appreciated!! :sjcool:

The higher resorts will fair better in March, but anywhere in Nagano can get heavy snow, even into April and even the lower down resorts, just depends on mother nature and your luck!

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a strong March this year (obviously) to make up for less than mindblowing January so far.

What say you snowdude? ;)

Well the weather is going to be up and down for the rest of the year so the rest of this winter is likely to stay like that too.

December and January has been both much colder and more snowy than other years over this side, so maybe it's our turn this year and your side is on hold???? That's mother nature for you.

Agree entirely with Panhead Pete on this. I would not fly 10-12 hours to ski Japan in March. Yes, it could be wonderful, but why invest that heavily for conditions that probability indicates would not be better than what you have at home. Save the cash for a trip sometime mid-Jan to mid-Feb 2014 and get here when the odds favor you.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If this is your 1st ever trip to Japan chasing the pow that we all love and seeing you are in Canada is it worth booking your holidays for mid Jan - Mid Feb next year and going to Revelstoke or similar this year?

I moved here for family and am going snowboarding here just for fun--I want to try some new and different snow.

Hmmm, I'd say yes---because all else fails, trek to Whistler/Blackcomb where the snow does not disappoint. The interior usually has killer snow from December until March/April every year though. Plus tickets are cheaper to Canada in the winter.

Like what DiGriz said, the powder may not be as predictable but its still pretty damn good. Last year I had one of the best days of the season up at Kagura April 6th......bluebird powder day, riding the ridge off the back of the forestry course with my 2 brothers (and Sand)....awesome