• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My photos from today. We went to Niseko village, Annapuri gate 1, Gate 7, then back to Hirafu.   Andreas at Gate 9 hirafu   Alex, gate 9 hirafu   Alex gate 7 Annapuri   Andreas gate 7

There are regal gates and cattle grids but it snows so much in Niseko that they are covered for much of the season.

You of all people know the answer to that already pie but assuming there may well be those out there who are only just becoming aware of the snowtastic phenomena that is Niseko the answer is of course

when you see 8, 9, 10 and 11s on the snow forecast you know its time to do some snow clearing in preparation.

my entrance walkway before i destroyed it (too much effort to maintain):

gallery_11811_257_17255.jpg

it just started snowing.

Gozaimas, when is the car danchi road show hitting niseko?

I too would like to see the van all decked out so that the occupant doesn't freeze to death in the night.

I have a secret tool in my fight against freezing to death, its called a sleeping bag! The US military has been working on them for years and I have an insider who smuggled the blue prints and sold them to me, I then hired a team of ex navy seals with a background in sewing and knitting to fabricate one for me.

From this mornings avalanche report:

There have been 2 fatal accidents yesterday. In both cases, the Niseko Rules has been ignored and disrespected. It is really sad to apprehend this reality.

Both victims fell into a crack and lost their lives. Dangers about cracks have been repeatedly mentioned in this information, but ended up in vain.

Disrespecting, ignoring or criticizing this Information or the Niseko Rules is not a problem as long as people take care of themselves and avoid thoughtless actions that could lead to serious accidents. It is a very sad morning. May their souls rest in peace.

Wow thats tragic. Condolences to the familes.

I cant understand the intent with the next line in the report though. (Translation mistake perhaps?)

"Disrespecting, ignoring or criticizing this Information or the Niseko Rules is not a problem as long as people take care of themselves and avoid thoughtless actions that could lead to serious accidents"

• SnowJapan Admin

倶知安町とニセコ町で、スキー客がスキー場が管理していない山林などに入って、死亡する事故が27日から相次ぎ警察で注意を呼びかけています。

27日、午後2時半すぎ、倶知安町花園のスキー場「ニセコHANAZONOリゾート」で、フィンランドから訪れていた会社役員のリンナマ・テロさん(45)がスキー場がコースとして管理していない山林の中で倒れているのが見つかりまもなく死亡が確認されました。警察の調べによりますと、テロさんが亡くなった山林は、スキー客が入らないようにゲートが設けられていますが、テロさんのスキー仲間の1人は、「管理されていない場所とわかっていたが、ゲートが開いていたので中に入って滑っていた」と話しているということです。また、28日、午前1時すぎにはニセコ町東山のスキー場、「ニセコビレッジ」で、ニセコ町の自営業、佐々木昌己さん(59)が、立入禁止区域になっている沢の中で倒れて死亡しているのが見つかりました。佐々木さんは27日昼すぎから1人でスキーに出かけていたということです。警察ではそれぞれの事故について、現場の状況や死因などを詳しく調べるとともに、スキー場が管理している安全な場所でスキーを行うように注意を呼びかけています。 

It seems:

1 person from Finland outside of the Hanazono area - apparently 'the gate was open' and so he went.

1 Japanese local found outside of Niseko Village resort area bounds.