• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking Bad - just keeps getting better and better.

Ya...no need to buy a 747 to get the free bag of peanuts..

just watched the premiere of fargo the tv series. pretty good so far. billy bob thornton does a good job.

After a few false starts, got to the end of season 4 of breaking bad (saving season 5 for a special occassion - or when i can be bothered to watch it...).

Im... getting it... and not really getting it.

Im getting that its fun tv.

Im not getting why its seen as some epoch defining golden age of telly though.

Its good fun. But still crap loads of pointless exposition and forced bullshit.

Truth be told, the whole programme COULD have been great if they didnt keep making gus do weird shit so we know that he's the DANGER bad guy and that whatsisface could still have some kind of hope for redemption by overcoming him. I loved gus to bits. Especially when it became all a bit of a tug of war over jesses affections and loyalties. If it turned out that gus was actually a force of good in the meth business and that walter was in fact the absolute selfish jerkfaced 'smartest guy in the room' asshole that we all know and secretly actually hate, then itd have been gobsmackingly awesome. But blah blah blah, gus is actually bad and irredeemable, walter is no doubt on the path to redemption at the end of the fifth season. It sorta annoys me. It also annoys me any time we're dealing with his stupid family. The only character worth watching is hank, the rest are just exposition crap.

Actually, the whole thing improved hugely the second we started focusing on jesse with mike and gus. I always found myself wishing theyd skip with the walter white plot and just get to the backstory of those two. Easily the best characters in the whole thing (along with hank and saul). In fewer words, they buried the lead. The whole thing should have been leading up to gus being the anti-hero and walter white just being a dickhead after all.

That being said... a whole season to go! Who knows eh!

It's excellent.....Kevin spacey is a democrat congressman who gets stabbed in back by newly elected president whom he got elected. Goes out of his way to worm his way back Into power and f##k up everything and everyone else along the way.....Spacey is excellent

I started watching Borgen last night. It is a Danish political drama, maybe a little similar to House of Cards but not so hard kore.

Highly recommended!

725968.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Quick heads up for the smug, condescending and sneering middle classes:

Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle is back on the telly (or youtube if you like) for its third season.

Still hilarious. Im also loving that hes physically planting his tongue in his cheek whilst cracking more mainstream gags now and again to stop himself from looking like hes enjoying it all a bit too much. :p

I cant decide, but its between him, kitson and stanhope for my favourite at the moment. Im such a guardianista :)

ETA: i think i forgot to mention it, but archer is also midway through its run. Not entirely in love with this season to be honest. I cant even remember if im up to date on the episodes or if ive forgotten a couple. Cant even bring myself to find out. And as a big fan of archer since i first came across it, this kinda shows it might be going off the boil a bit.

Not on TV anymore but used to be on TV back in the UK when I were a teenager, a sitcom called "Married with children", stupid, but funny as hell.

Basically its about a dysfunctional family who always seem to get the shit end of the deal no matter what they do, especially Al Bundy.

They are always taking the piss out of each other, really worth a watch if you have never seen it.

Stars Ed O'neil, Katey Sagal, Christina Applegate and David Faustino as the main cast.

You can find it on youtube, all episodes are there, I think. I have recently been watching them again, and still funny.

I can remember when Married with Children first came out in NZ. It was on before The Simpsons, not sure if the TV people thought it was "tamer" than The Simpsons. A lot of very funny moments on the show. Well worth watching.

I used to live in Germany on the dutch border. We had one lousy TV channel that showed nothing good (BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service) later known as SSVC (services sound and vision corporation) i believe). German TV had a tonne of oompah bands and 'discussion' crap. Any foreign programmes were dubbed. The only saving grace was (The netherlands) TV II which used to show married with children, tour of duty and then the best tv an adolescent could ever hope to watch: The pin up club :)

Stay at home and watch your television.

Layback in your lazy chaaair.

We come to cheer you up!

With the pin up club.

We cheer you up!

We cheer you up!

We cheer you up!

With the pin up club!

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!