• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking Bad - just keeps getting better and better.

Ya...no need to buy a 747 to get the free bag of peanuts..

just watched the premiere of fargo the tv series. pretty good so far. billy bob thornton does a good job.

Justified is a very very good show. Just started season 4.

This show is about U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, a modern day 19th century-style lawman, who enforces his brand of justice to put a target on his back with criminals and puts him at odds with his bosses in the Marshal service. As a result, he gets reassigned to the U.S. District covering the town where he grew up.

And don't forget both Dr Who and Top Gear will be back very soon.

Spent my entire Xmas hols watching Dr who. Didn't see a single episode from season 1 to 7 prior to it. Loved matt smith-moffatt who, liked david tennant, liked Billie piper in the first season but then she became all mumbly and awful to watch. Disliked Martha, obviously enjoyed Donna noble, but really ponds and smith take it for me :)

In other TV news, 2012wipe is on YouTube, and the 17th sees the return of archer :) if you somehow missed it, you'll d well to spend some time with the last three seasons. Bet thing on the telly so it Is.

Spent my entire Xmas hols watching Dr who. Didn't see a single episode from season 1 to 7 prior to it. Loved matt smith-moffatt who, liked david tennant, liked Billie piper in the first season but then she became all mumbly and awful to watch. Disliked Martha, obviously enjoyed Donna noble, but really ponds and smith take it for me :)

In other TV news, 2012wipe is on YouTube, and the 17th sees the return of archer :) if you somehow missed it, you'll d well to spend some time with the last three seasons. Bet thing on the telly so it Is.

Spend a week going thru Dr Who from start to finish last month. Great TV (sorry Tubby, can't agree with you on it :-) ), even my kids love the doctor and amy

Got to agree about Archer, great show. Well worth watching

Watching Heroes.

Just finished Eastbound and Down.

next up is Terminator, Sarah Connor Chronicles.

If you want to go back in time to older shows don't forget Firefly, just watch in the correct order, not the broadcast order

Watching Heroes.

Just finished Eastbound and Down.

next up is Terminator, Sarah Connor Chronicles.

If you want to go back in time to older shows don't forget Firefly, just watch in the correct order, not the broadcast order

yep, already seen all the firefly episodes and the movie. loved it..

Breaking Bad - just keeps getting better and better.

yes it does, can't wait for the second half of season 5 to drop

me too.... dont forget Game of Thrones season 3...

I mostly watch National Geographic, discovery, Mystery and so on, usually try to watch Colombo Monday nights, when I'm around! I can't stand the crappy Japanese TV, just a pile of rubbish!

Never could get properly into that.

Eccleston was decent, but I did not like that Rose.

And I really really did not like David Tennant. Talk about over-acting.

The continual music was tiring too.

No, not a fan.

Never could get properly into that.

Eccleston was decent, but I did not like that Rose.

And I really really did not like David Tennant. Talk about over-acting.

The continual music was tiring too.

He was a bit OTT but that's what he brought to the character. The dichotomy of pent-up crazed lunatic, talking a million miles an hour, flipping from happy to bonkers.

• Like 1

I disliked how poor the writing was in truth of the first 4 seasons. The series finales always felt really forced. And i absolutely got seriously sick of cybermen and daleks. The mastermade up for it, but the finale to that "season" where the timelords rode again was straight out of blakes seven. It felt cheesy as hell. It was a struggle getting through them. I was also annoyed by the way ecclestone walks. A kinda half jumpy walk. Kinda like watching a cartoon from the 20s. I was also massively disappointed with the rose/doctor story. The very last part with the holo doctor was nice, (improved immensely though by catherine tate randomly appearing and doing her best nan impression)... but honestly the way RTD fans bang on youd think it was the greatest love story ever told. I did like the last words tennant spoke as dr who because it honestly seemed like he genuinely meant it (and by all accounts i think he would have been happy carrying on a few years more).

In truth if id have tried to watch at any point in season 1-4 id have skipped it. Other than blink (which is genuinely brilliant fun and must watch for anyone), most episodes are mediocre at best.

Anyways, not to get all doctor who, instead ill point out another good programme i started watching last night.

Well... not last night, i tried watching the first season and got 2 episodes in before bailing on it:

An american horror story. Jessica lange is phenomenal in it. Its kinda rude and a bit um... rapey? and what with this and game of thrones i really am starting to feel theres too much ****ing on my telly, but it good fun so far. Skp the first season. They dont continue off one another, each season is stand alone. Start straight in at season 2 and youll have daft fun watching it.

season 5 great fun, weird pseudo lynch pin point on memory tying it all together, but still didnt spoil it.

Season 6 he tried to top the big season 5 thing, but t sheer annoyance of river song and the complete lack of charisma between matt smith and whatserface makes it feel sorta forced. Good fun puzzle solution again with key parts from the series dropped in by accident. Could do with less of that dude from gavin and stacey, though stormageddon works fine.

Season 7s been pretty good so far. The angels take manhattan, though "not another ****ing angels episode!" was a nice send off to the ponds. And much as thenew assistant annoyed me in the series 7 episode she was in, (i forget, i watched the entire seven series in about a week so its all a blur), she really came across greta in the christmas special. Should be fun, if complicated, and maybe its all about giving the doctor another love interest a la rose.

ill say this. Yeah it is man. The RTD era was a bit more grown up and soap like, but the moffat one really feels like youre watching a kindly johnny ball type figure bumble about with devious schemes and ideas. Its great kids telly, but with enough cheeky puzzles and humour to keep the grown ups happy. Also, i reckon the silence are great. A monster that you cant remember youve seen. It just ends up in a massive round of ****ing about panto style.And since this gives kids a get out clause for when they draw on each others faces, its pretty obvious that its playground/bullying friendly. And kids love that shit. Something for the geeks and something for their bullies to bond over.

ep2silence.jpg?w=600

That's what I thought, too. Ippy writes pretty well for an 8 yr old. :wave:

For 8 yr olds, my kids are 5 and love it, not sure what that says about me loving it.