Me again. In an unexpected turn of events, I don't have accommodations for my upcoming trip to Hokkaido. I thought I had it worked out, but I was mistaken. I land at Chitose on the 24th. Obviously, cutting it this close is not ideal - while there is some limited availability in Hirafu, where I had originally planned to stay, it is exorbitantly expensive. I was hoping some of you may have some creative solutions. We are not terribly picky (skiing is the chief concern). I have sent inquiries to various lodges, but I have yet to hear back positively.

At this point, we were thinking of venturing off the beaten path - either somewhere in the niseko area that is further away (and renting a car) or going to a different ski hill. Any suggestions / views? You have all been incredibly helpful so far. I really appreciate it. We are experienced winter drivers, so we are comfortable with renting a car.

By way of update, I think I convinced my husband to bring our gear using the shipping service. If you see a short blonde lugging skis and a snowboard alongside her able husband, say hello :)

• Like 1

M Hotel didnt work out?

You could try looking for places in the Izumikyo areas. I still count them part of hirafu, but its separated in most searches.

Still has shuttle busses to/from the slopes / etc, but is a little further away.

Niseko is 4 resorts. So you could also try Niseko Village (aka Higashiyama), or Annupuri. I dont think Hanazono has any accom.

Otherwise, in hirafu, ive stayed at the red ski house

a couple of times before I started doing longer stays (I couldnt find a snowjapan link for them). They've been pretty quick to respond to emails previously.

note to self: say hi to all short blondes

Check out Kutchan town as well. It's a little further out from hirafu but is a year round proper town, I don't have any recommendations but u could do a search. If you have a car then it's no probs to drive to hirafu, or even further afield to Rusutsu

Thanks. I am feeling a little overwhelmed, so this is very helpful.

Anything - We had a credit a hotel M from one of the accommodations sites as a result of a trip not taken last year. When I sent them an email to book it, I could have sworn that their page showed availability. By the time they got back to me (a few days later) there was no availability, and now everything that is available on their site is exorbitantly expensive. Oh, and they're not getting back to me... Half my fault, but an annoying situation compounded by lack of responsiveness. At this point, I just want to get something booked and move on.

One of the best ways at this point is to load some credit up on Skype and call each place. Be patient as not everyone's english is all that good but within 20mins. I reckon you will be sorted Just watch the time zones.

If it helps last year I stayed at Balck Mountain at Niseko Village and it was prettty good. Wasnt in the main part of Hirafu though which was fine as it dumped the whole trip and it was eat/ride/onsen/eat with a couple beers/sleep :)

IntrepidNooks,

Niseko is a very pop place. At this late stage reasonably priced accomodation in Niseko is impossible to find.

Maybe bite the bullet and head for Niseko Village or Green Leaf or Nikko Annupuri. The big hotels may well have something.

It's what I get for playing soccer the week before leaving. I can speak (unfortunately for my husband), and it's not too serious. I think I have a lead on a place, so I'll be happy when that's settled.

Debbie Downer Alert: And I really must add that domestic violence is not funny - and it is especially careless when you know nothing about the person you're posting with.

Any recommendations for single accommodation/single bed anywhere at Niseko? I need a room for 4 nights (15-18 Feb). What places have/rent a single bed? Don't need anything fancy.

I looked on this forum's "Places to Stay" and figured I'd start with the four "backpacker" hostels.

I'm looking at these below and was hoping for some feedback or tips for finding a single bed...first beer is on me:

Lodge Bam Boo

Niseko Annupuri Youth Hostel

Owashi Lodge

YHA Niseko Fujiyama Karimpani

• 7 months later...

Any recommendations for single accommodation/single bed anywhere at Niseko? I need a room for 4 nights (15-18 Feb). What places have/rent a single bed? Don't need anything fancy.

I looked on this forum's "Places to Stay" and figured I'd start with the four "backpacker" hostels.

I'm looking at these below and was hoping for some feedback or tips for finding a single bed...first beer is on me:

Lodge Bam Boo

Niseko Annupuri Youth Hostel

Owashi Lodge

YHA Niseko Fujiyama Karimpani

Any of them are probably good. I know the Annapuri YH. it is supposed to be good.

The Owashi is pretty close to the gondola. just email them with a request. they have a website..