I visited Madarao Kogen for the first time in awhile last weekend. The snow conditions were good. The website has a good coupon for a full day all-mountain (Madarao + Tangram) plus lunch. This coupon was nice, since most of the area I enjoy is on the Tangram side.

As a boarder, I noticed how I was outnumbered by skiiers. Still, the resort was much less crowded (for a Saturday) than places like Happone and Nozawa. There are a few key runs - with hardly any people on them - that made it worth it. One is powder wave (kind of on the border of the two mountains, you need to use a Madarao lift for this so I'd suggest the all-mountain coupon deal). A couple of the other Tangram black runs were pleasantly deserted, which means the population hadn't overrun them with moguls yet. :) I suppose my only complaint is that the lifts are short and slow. Worth the wait though. I'd post some pictures...but I don't use this site often and I can't figure it out how to do it yet (don't have the time to figure it out now) Any tips on how to post would be appreciated, and I'll try to check back here and post some pictures . Happy skiing / boarding!

• SnowJapan Admin

Hello lena

Glad you had fun.

Go here and it should be easy

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/gallery/

follow the Upload Photo link on the right side.

Also here:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21050-how-to-upload-photos-to-the-photos-section-of-the-forums/

Look forward to seeing them.

Thanks

Nice pics Lena, you have got me salivating again, I will be back there in a couple of weeks.

Good pics of powderwave/Airwave2 taken from powderline course I presume - I just love that whole area.

• 3 weeks later...

I visited Madarao Kogen for the first time in awhile last weekend. The snow conditions were good. The website has a good coupon for a full day all-mountain (Madarao + Tangram) plus lunch. This coupon was nice, since most of the area I enjoy is on the Tangram side.

As a boarder, I noticed how I was outnumbered by skiiers. Still, the resort was much less crowded (for a Saturday) than places like Happone and Nozawa. There are a few key runs - with hardly any people on them - that made it worth it. One is powder wave (kind of on the border of the two mountains, you need to use a Madarao lift for this so I'd suggest the all-mountain coupon deal). A couple of the other Tangram black runs were pleasantly deserted, which means the population hadn't overrun them with moguls yet. :) I suppose my only complaint is that the lifts are short and slow. Worth the wait though. I'd post some pictures...but I don't use this site often and I can't figure it out how to do it yet (don't have the time to figure it out now) Any tips on how to post would be appreciated, and I'll try to check back here and post some pictures . Happy skiing / boarding!

I rode in Madarao/Tangram last Sunday. Great little resort. You can ride through the trees in Madarao to find fantastic freshies. However, off piste is forbidden on the Tangram side so watch out for the ski patrollers.