SnowJapan Giveaways - 30 Madarao Kogen (Nagano) lift tickets

its also got the most replies i think :) Good on you little madarao! An awesome amount of tickets given free and its all coming back to you in reviews, love and pictures! :)

• SnowJapan Admin

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Reviews and Photos request goes.

I'm making threads over there in the Snow Trip section, so if they end up empty it'll be pretty conspicuous.

If we all want us to continue offering these Giveaways, please let's encourage each other to support it, ok?

Honestly, from our point of view we really don't actually need to go to the extent we do with these things.

In fact we could scrap Giveaways altogether and it wouldn't really affect what we do (apart from mean less work!)

But obviously we want to do them, otherwise we wouldn't put as much effort into it as we do.

It's kind of up to the people who win to keep this going.

Onegai shimasu.

:friend:

I believe self interest is a wonderful thing. I want these reviews because i want the resorts who didnt give tickets this year to look at all the publicity their rivals are getting and think "i want some of that!" And that means more tickets next year! Yay! Promote promote promote! Man, im rubbish at being impartial. :)

• SnowJapan Admin

I know I have mentioned this before and I so wish I could actually show you right now, but once we flip over to New SnowJapan, Reviews and Photos are going to be a pleasure to submit. I think. And much more prominent than now.

:)

SJ David I did a descriptive photo post on Myoko/Madarao/Shiga in the forum last year - does that sort of thing get transferred to the new TR setup?

• SnowJapan Admin

What we are doing is making a new version of the main site.

All Resort Reviews and Photos on the main site are coming over to new (one reason for it taking longer than we hoped):

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/voice/review.php

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_gallery.php

The Forums here will remain largely unchanged.

People on the Forums probably don't realize this but traffic to the main site is many many times more than Forums traffic. Which means that many more people see stuff on the main site than on the Forums.

It will be clearer when it happens!

Cool I look forward to posting some new stuff after my upcoming trip.

BTY - just noticed your signature.....................what do you have planned for 2018? :D

It would be great if more people discovered Madarao, we are going this year and the last bus to the resort leaves Nagano at 2pm cutting in half our last day at Ryuoo. More busses ideally a 5pm bus from Nagano to Madarao would be sensational.

I know I have mentioned this before and I so wish I could actually show you right now, but once we flip over to New SnowJapan, Reviews and Photos are going to be a pleasure to submit. I think. And much more prominent than now.

An interesting question, but on my tablet i have all kinds of things i can upload pics to direct (gmail, dogg, facebook etc etc). Are you guys building a snow japan app at all. No worries if not of course, i dont want you to think you need one, but if anything makes uploading easy, its a direct link from the pic in my tablet to the gallery on snowjapan.

• SnowJapan Admin

You should be able to upload photos from tablets including ipad in the new set up, from the main site.

We have tried to make everything as compatible as possible.

And a proper mobile version is something that is part of our 'later' plans. Bar cloning, there really is only so much that us humans can do.

Genuinely looking forward to this! Pity for the site though since ill be posting pretty much every photo of me on the train on my way to nozawa (the time period where i have the tablet) to tell you all how much snow there is that day on parts of the ground that no ones riding and has little bearing on the level and quality of the mountains at elevations about 250+ meters from said ground level (300m above sea level all the way to togarinozawa station if im not incorrect and 560-1600m for the mountain itself).

• SnowJapan Admin

Genuinely looking forward to this!

Not as much as me!!

We really wanted to........ no, I'll just let you guys make up your own mind when you see it.

• SnowJapan Admin

This Giveaway is now closed.

Winners will be noticed by Monday at the latest.

Thank you to everyone who entered, and to Madarao Kogen for their support.