SnowJapan Giveaways - 30 Madarao Kogen (Nagano) lift tickets

• SnowJapan Admin

1213giveaways.jpg

Friday 11th January 2013 until Thursday 27th January 2013

The prizes:

This week we have 30 one-day lift ticket vouchers - each one can be exchanged for a one-day lift ticket at Madarao Kogen this winter season.

There will be 15 winners, each receiving 2 lift ticket vouchers.

Please read this before entering

Thanks.

Who can enter?

Any active, logged in members of SnowJapanForums can enter this Giveaway. (You need to have made at least one post on the Forums - not just simply register).

>> If you are logged in, click here to enter.

>> If you need to register, please do so here.

The winners:

15 people will be chosen - each to receive 2 vouchers.

giveaway-button.png

giveaways-furtherinfo.jpg

Information on Madarao Kogen:

http://www.snowjapan...arao-kogen.html

Madarao Kogen website:

http://www.madarao.jp/ski/en/

madarao-0910-a.jpg

giveaways-thanks.jpg

We would like to thank the kind people at Madarao Kogen for taking part in this Giveaway.

Please do take a few moments to post some comments on the form when you enter... each year your comments help us try to improve SnowJapan.

Thank you.

giveaway-button2.png

• SnowJapan Admin

No, these vouchers are for Madarao Kogen and the vouchers that they can offer in situations like this.

However, I believe that if you pay 500 yen extra, you can upgrade to an all mountain ticket that lets you use the lifts at neighbouring Tangram as well.

Quick info on easiest way to get there? Any way to train this or is it only the bus from outside nagano station? Im itching to ride this place and give it a good going over. :)

No, these vouchers are for Madarao Kogen and the vouchers that they can offer in situations like this.

However, I believe that if you pay 500 yen extra, you can upgrade to an all mountain ticket that lets you use the lifts at neighbouring Tangram as well.

Yes, from last year they started doing this. I go there every year and love the place. Small (ish) but fun!

bus it is then. I have a feeling when the shink opens at iiyama they might actually start putting on the buses from there. But its still a stupid year away. Maybe next season, though likely 2014-15 before it happens :(

bus it is then. I have a feeling when the shink opens at iiyama they might actually start putting on the buses from there. But its still a stupid year away. Maybe next season, though likely 2014-15 before it happens :(

Ippy there are regular busses now from iiyama train station to Madarao - you get off at Madarao Kogen Hotel right next to the lifts. It helps that the hotel owner Hitoshi Seki-san also owns the lift company ( i.e. owns the mountain)

Always train.

Im surprised to hear about buses from iiyama. You reckon theres one to kijimadaira? I just have memories of last season in march thinking i could just go from nozawa to iiyama then hop on a shuttle bus or something from the station to ryuoo. I asked the taxi drivers if they ever had buses running from the station to any of the resorts and they were ver muh of the opinion that no, there were none. Cheers for the heads up. :)

actually can we post some more madarao pics in here. I reckon its one of those places like ryuoo that people might not think about but its actually well worth the trip (i assume - since i havent been there im basing it on what you lot have said in the forums).

Actually im DYING to review something. No new boards, no new resorts... my fingers need something to get all obsessive about - i just wrote a thousand words or so on carbon array and pop walls the other day just because im clearly going nuts without an outlet.

When I was there last year every day a bus fron iiyama pulled up around 7.30 am and a heap of mountain workers jumped off so you can gey there early that way

well, its wrong to ask people to do something you wont do yourself, so when i get home ill have a neb through them and look for a few nice ones to linky up for the thread. But heres one to get it all going:

kitamura_16.JPG

I cant confirm its madarao to be honest (it was on the ones with the tag on it - page 7 or thereabouts), but if it is, thats a lovely picture. :)

One of the intimate on mountain cafe's at Madarao - signs of a more prosperous past or an early provision for the new Shink to iiyama?gallery_10039_164_128969.jpg