Snowboarding can die in a (impossible) fire. (January 12th weekend game on thread).

I HATE SNOWBOARDING.

BUt over the week my stoke-o-meter has slowly been gaining a bit of traction. I might even update my riding diary for the two missing days on it, thats how stoked im slowly becoming. I reckon itll just take one day of teaching shogakko to remind me how much i hate work and how much i love riding again.

But dont think thats you let off the hook. I also need two questions answered.

Question 1: I want to ride kijimadaira like you wouldnt believe. I see that line and it drives me nuts. But i dont know how to get there without a car. I mean i COULD cycle it, but ill save that to march or whenever. A day on kijimadaira and bombing down that steep has got to be awesome. So info me! is there any way to train/bus it from iiyama, or is it just one of the buses outside nagano station only? And which one?

Question 2: I forget question 2. Its probably way more important than question 1. But it eludes me. Ill come back to it at a later date.

As for me. Nozzie. Days 12 and 13. Day 12 should honestly have been monday, it would have been epic. No queues, no one annoying me. But instead i mistimed leaving the house, got stuck the wrong side of the train crossing as the train going the wrong way flew past. But instead of lifting the damn things for the two minutes gap before my train arrived (i live right next to the train station), they kept the bloody things down. Bleh!

So nozzie penance. Two days, maybe even three if im feeling a bit dickish to myself. Probably saturday and monday (BANK HOLIDAY!!!!) so i at least get the afternoon to myself as everyone naffs off back to the hole they crawled out of.

gonna be pretty messy out there then. No snow, and fighting for powder stashes with thousands of holiday weekenders at the real start of the peak season... I anticipate accidents from people trying riskier lines. Personally ill be fighting my own little demons trying to pull me down t.chutes. Ill resist though because im not ****ing mental. :)

I'm heading up to Nozawa for the long weekend to meet us with some traveling mates. Hoping that Saturday night / Sunday morning produces a bit of fresh, but going to be bloody busy up there regardless.