• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can honestly say I do not budget for piss. If they charge me to pee, I'll just wazz on the pavement or on the piste where people are most likely to fall.

Oh, and I'd cover Fukushima with domes as well.

the problem with carrying a large wad around is the damage it does to your wallet when you sit down. I usually keep a wedge flattened under an ashtray in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite happy with the enyasu at the moment.

A 5 year investment I made matures soon and if I sent it back over to Japan at the current rates, it will have grown over 30% and that's not including the interest each year.

Very pleased about that, makes for a big chink of extra.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know in detail how the US$ will be against the yen in early April?

;)

would like to know going back to the US for a few weeks then.

Isn't the US facing the fiscal cliff, that was postponed, soon?

Yen 99.6 v aud yesterday. May have to buy some more for 2014.

I have heard a few economists saying Japn is heading for a big fall in 2015 not sure why but Iam saving my pennies to buy some property over there

I have heard a few economists saying Japn is heading for a big fall in 2015 not sure why but Iam saving my pennies to buy some property over there

Hey Seemore, I have toyed with this idea a lot and sometimes I regret just not jumping in

and doing it years ago , but I still dont think Ive missed the boat having read other posts

concerning Japenese property / pricing and might be better if your sources are reliable.

If you don't mind me asking, any ideas of where are you thinking of buying and reasons why/ why not?

At a guess it would be somewhere near your favorite area which cannot be name ;)

Hopefully I am not straying off topic too much.

Hey Seemore, I have toyed with this idea a lot and sometimes I regret just not jumping in

and doing it years ago , but I still dont think Ive missed the boat having read other posts

concerning Japenese property / pricing and might be better if your sources are reliable.

If you don't mind me asking, any ideas of where are you thinking of buying and reasons why/ why not?

At a guess it would be somewhere near your favorite area which cannot be name ;)

Hopefully I am not straying off topic too much.

I toyed with the idea a few years ago to buy a property near Rusutsu but couldn't find anyone to look after it for short term leasing and snow clearing.

So most probably a small town somewhere in Hokkaido where I can just dissapear to and use as a base for a holiday home

still needs a bit more research to be done yet

Depends on what you want from your property purchase.

If you are looking to relocate it is a different proposition to owning a holiday home.

Do you want your holiday home for exclusive use and will just lock it up and throw dust covers over the furniture when you leave?

Or do you want someone to manage it for you and have others able to use it when you don't?

Are you using I every year from now on?

Or do you want to maybe skip a year every now and again - life gets in the way sometimes, or maybe you want to try Europe for a change.

Personally, we want options.

Which is why we went for the BigN and professional management.

Can still use it as a base to explore wider, but it gives us the security of also being able to add it to the rental pool and get an earn off it when we are not using it.

Yes MB but the original outlay is alot more and I would struggle to justify that to my wife :D

And I don't really want to be somewhere too busy. I like the idea of just having a little chalet that sleeps 8 where we can lock up and leave (I know I may be dreaming)

How much would that chalet cost in the place that we dare not name?
To buy? Depends...and varies widely!

Having stalked the market for the last 4 years looking for something 3 bedroom/6 beds the prices asked have ranged from about 30,000,000 yen up to 120,000,000 yen - lower prices usually smaller, in need of a tidy up, lower village or Izumikyo. Upper prices with the fancy appliances, spacious designer interiors and walk to lifts in upper village.

But there are some very good buys out there if you look.