I got $500AU worth of cash in Yen to get us by for places with no card, and I have a 28degrees card (no international fees) that is loaded into credit (they owe me money) and it allows you to use it at ATMs at the current exchange rate with no fees. It's a great card for travelling, as it's free, just don't ever EVER go past the interest free period. <-- there's always a catch, and that's where they'll get your money.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can honestly say I do not budget for piss. If they charge me to pee, I'll just wazz on the pavement or on the piste where people are most likely to fall.

Oh, and I'd cover Fukushima with domes as well.

the problem with carrying a large wad around is the damage it does to your wallet when you sit down. I usually keep a wedge flattened under an ashtray in the room.

7-11 ATMs are on the international bank network so you should be able to use those to draw cash as well as the Citibank ones....I think I also used the JP Post ATM once. :-?

Carrying a wad of cash seems weird for an Aussie, but from what I have heard, some Japanese carry up to a months worth of pay around on them... Shows you what a trusting society the Japanese are, I wish other countries had such social awareness.

Mate, don't sweat the cash thing. It obviously depends on what you are willing to spend, you could get by on a few thou or a few 10's of thou. It's around 5-600 yen a beer in most places AFAIR, you can eat high end or down n dirty it all depends on what you are looking for

I can honestly say I do not budget for piss. If they charge me to pee, I'll just wazz on the pavement or on the piste where people are most likely to fall.
I laughed.

But seriously...#2 cub had a close up encounter with yellow snow last week - ducked didnt see a rope, heading to a known area with lovely powder and he came unstuck and feel into it. Kinda killed the buzz for him ;)

Mamma :lol:

Classic Harris,

You're going to Niseko.

Don't stress.

It's all good.

Just go to the cash machine before you have completely run out.

No problem.

Just take cash with you and put most of it in a safe spot then when you need more cash you get it.

Every place I have everstayed at bar some dodgy place in Nias has a secure safe/deposit box.

Buy a money belt for traveling and that it thats all

Bought one of these for #2 son when staying for the season in shared Accom with people coming and going out of his room.

travel_safe_open.jpg

If the beds have wooden slats or wire support or similar you can actually hide it away securely attached to the underside of your bed.

No one needs to know, and if they do, it's pretty secure.

Of course there's bolt cutters...

Clearly if you are carrying a wad of cash and some other valuables f someone is intent on stealing it, they will.

But this is Japan...and even if it wasn't, theft is usually a crime of opportunity.

Make it difficult, they move on to a soft, easy and quick option.