Hi I have been watching the Yen go down lately (allthough a bit late for me as I already changed my money)

What is the history has it ever been $1AU to 100Yen

And does anyone know why the Yen is devalueing I heard they are thinking of printing more money?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can honestly say I do not budget for piss. If they charge me to pee, I'll just wazz on the pavement or on the piste where people are most likely to fall.

Oh, and I'd cover Fukushima with domes as well.

the problem with carrying a large wad around is the damage it does to your wallet when you sit down. I usually keep a wedge flattened under an ashtray in the room.

If I were in charge, I would print up a whole boat load of cash.

I'd then build tons of new schools and hospitals, after stuffing large wads of it under my bed. And in the closets.

I don't know why they don't just print loads.

Seems to me like an obvious solution to lack of money problems.

I'd then build tons of new schools and hospitals, after stuffing large wads of it under my bed. And in the closets.

Like monopoly money? ;)

Hi I have been watching the Yen go down lately (allthough a bit late for me as I already changed my money)

What is the history has it ever been $1AU to 100Yen

And does anyone know why the Yen is devalueing I heard they are thinking of printing more money?

Basically people are starting to move their money away from the safe deposits in Japan, to more risk averse economies that are potentially starting to grow again.

Back in '08 the AU$ was worth more that 100JPY, for a time in March/April and September I think. Then it dove to 59JPY to the AU$ in Feb/Mar '09, just as we moved here... :sadface:

My bet is that the AU$ continue to climb to >100JPY by April '13 (when we are heading back to Oz)

Like monopoly money? ;)

Well no obviously it would have to be real money.

I'm sure those Dome-builders would want to be paid in proper yen!

:thumbsup:

Back in '08 the AU$ was worth more that 100JPY, for a time in March/April and September I think. Then it dove to 59JPY to the AU$ in Feb/Mar '09, just as we moved here... :sadface:

My bet is that the AU$ continue to climb to >100JPY by April '13 (when we are heading back to Oz)

Murpys Law I think they call it

Oh dont let my girlfriends Dad hear you, hes being telling me how money works since chrismas....

But Pie-eater has it right, Moneys is only or rather should only be printed to pay for public development like, schools,hospitals,roads or Services Completed.Not just printed for the sake of it, look at what obama is doing........ OMG im turning into him Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Sorry guys

+1 for cash. The wad doesn't stay big for long. Too many fees with credit cards and its hard to find ATMs that accept our cards. Citibank are the only ATMs that seem to work consistently, and they seem to be getting harder to find.

Picked up the cash wad from post office this arv, got it for ¥85/au$, no fees or commission.

Depends where you are going.

Depends how much you intend on spending.

Depends if you are able to use your credit card for a few larger purchases.

For example: in Tokyo we used our CC almost exclusively (just made sure we had the correct change for trains and small incidental purchases), but Hakuba we almost exclusively used cash that we took in with us having done a big currency conversion just before leaving.

In Niseko it's a mixture and there is an ATM in the HT building that you can use to withdraw more cash if required.

Each place is a bit different.

Oh, in Niseko you'll have no drama.

SeicoMarto will take your CC for groceries and cheap booze, fair few restaurants and shops take CC also.

If you run low on cash just head into Hokkaido Tracks office to withdraw cash from their ATM. Easy.