For the people who live in snow regions - more or less?

For the time of year, more or less snow than usual?

Or about the same?

Here in the Yuzawa/Minamiuonuma region of Niigata, definitely less than usual.

Enough, for sure, but not really approached being mad on for it yet. We usually get huge amounts of course.

But not really any of the usual snow frenzy mad prolonged dumps yet.

Only about 1m outside the house, last year it was 2m round abouts now.

• Like 1

Way!! more up in Northwest Hokkaido. Not that I'm living there but based on the number of times I had to flash up the snow clearing gear on this years stay compared with other years....yes, significantly more.

Kagura seems to be about the same but their numbers always seem to stall around there no matter how much falls so I'd ignore them.

If you look at the reports from Yuzawa in Jan 12 you'll see they are a fair bit less for the resorts around town.

And muikaeyes show me 1m instead of 2m outside my house.

And there's the telephone box.

:friend:

yeah, i was just wondering if it was some weird, fall on the mountains but not on the valley floor type of phenomenon. Would you welcome that, Muika? Still the same amount on the mountains but less around town.....so less you have to shovel etc or do yo want it full on in town as well?

yeah, i was just wondering if it was some weird, fall on the mountains but not on the valley floor type of phenomenon. Would you welcome that, Muika?

Maybe the same at Kagura (though personally I doubt it).

Most definitely less snow at resorts around town.

And no I wouldn't welcome that. I actually like having to shovel snow. Good exercise. Exciting to see all of it come down in huge amounts.

Haven't shoveled snow once this season yet unfortunately.

The most I have done is move some off the top of the car.

Look at Iwappara and NASPA for example, resorts who do actually update their numbers each day (not saying anything other than the fact that they do update them!)

Today:

Iwappara - 150cm

NASPA - 180cm

Last year same day:

Iwappara - 225cm

NASPA - 265cm

It just feels more fun when you get mad amounts of snow, desho.

That not happening kind of takes away some of the fun and atmosphere for me.

I reckon one of the cool things about this part of Japan is those mad amounts of snow we get. Don't take them away!!

Yeah I always want more snow.....I get depressed when there's less but then again I don't live with having to shovel it day after day. I am actually in the process of moving to Sapporo, gotta go find an apartment next weekend, for the big move at the end of March. To start with we're gonna rent but with an eye to buying 1 or 2 years from now. It's the shovelling factor that Im thinking about.....I reckon all the other pros will out weigh this con but its good to get people's experiences

• Like 1

Yeah I always want more snow.....I get depressed when there's less but then again I don't live with having to shovel it day after day. I am actually in the process of moving to Sapporo, gotta go find an apartment next weekend, for the big move at the end of March. To start with we're gonna rent but with an eye to buying 1 or 2 years from now. It's the shovelling factor that Im thinking about.....I reckon all the other pros will out weigh this con but its good to get people's experiences

Really? :veryshocked: Get a place near the JR Tower mate. I'll pop round.

Scottish accented Sapporans, how novel is that.

yeah, i was just wondering if it was some weird, fall on the mountains but not on the valley floor type of phenomenon. Would you welcome that, Muika? Still the same amount on the mountains but less around town.....so less you have to shovel etc or do yo want it full on in town as well?

It actually might be a fall in the mountains but to the valley thing because Minakami city has almost nothing and Tenjindaira has a ton. Where I live didn't get snow for a week, but I could see it snowing everyday at Kawaba