SnowJapan Giveaways - Trip Reports, reviews & photos

• SnowJapan Admin

SnowJapan Giveaways 2012/2013

At the time of writing this, we have already sent out 40 lift tickets and the winners of the first three Giveaways this season on SnowJapan should have received (or soon receive) their prizes.

Congratulations! We very much hope you can get to enjoy them.

This season we are announcing the winners in new threads which will also act as a place Resort Reviews and Photos from the trips.

Some winners may of course only visit much later on in the season, but we do ask the winners to please share your their on the resorts, write a Resort Review and upload any photos, to SnowJapan after using the ticket.

As explained here, feedback from trips helps us keep the Giveaways going in the future as well as providing more good content on the Forums for other people in the future. It all helps.

Anyway, you can find these threads in the Trip Reports area of the Forums:

http://www.snowjapan...w-trip-reports/

Yoroshiku!

• 2 weeks later...

woot woot! got my madarao tickets! Cheers dudes! will be there either saturaday or sunday this week, and maybe one day in a couple of weeks for a proper second impression. :)

• SnowJapan Admin

OK we have decided to not create a 'pinned' thread for each Giveaway in Trip Reports as originally planned:

-- It seems people that would prefer to post their own thread -- which is probably actually better anyway;

-- The Trip Report section would end up being pinned topics with very little activity at the top and look rather strange.

It doesn't mean that we don't want those reports and photos though. Oh no! ;)

So anyway, winners, please do post your reports and photos and we'll be showing the resorts are planned anyone once the season is done.

Thanks.

Madarao Review: http://www.snowjapan...e-titans-day-1/

Hope you guys (and the madarao guys) like it. It lacks bare bones details as do all the reviews i write - actually, as does everything i write - but hopefully catches some of what makes it a decent place to play on. Ill add a second day review in the comments rather than in the review itself. This should cover the majority of it. Second day will be less about exploring and more about just enjoying it, hitting up some of the lines i really wanted to play on a bit more, maybe spending some time over at tangram and hitting up the cruising lines as well as the powder lines. Fun place to be honest.

ETA: pic quality is kinda poor, sorry. New ipod touch, looks great on teh screen, but kinda crappy once you enlarge it to a proper screen size. :/ last pic was literally me realising at 4.20 that i didnt have a pic of the mountain. So its a bit dark since its shooting into the sun. Kinda spoils it, but ya kna! needed that pic. Ill get a better one to replace it next time.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks ippy. :thumbsup:

Top tip to everyone... entering the same Giveaway 20 times does not increase your chances of winning 20 fold. If anything it probably decreases your changes by about the same amount! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets arrived for sugadaira. Depending on conditions/visibility (no point in going there in a white out), will head up there this weekend or next. Thanks dudes.

Willco! Never snowcat, you can tell us all about it. Ill probs just stick to the groomers unless i see some obvious poachable lines. I gots a review to write on it. So its more like alpha testing than retail release. this means finding the unclipping spots, the shit slow boring lines, and riding rubbish crapped out lifts with screwed up placements just so i can pad out any review with a tonne of moaning. Because moaning = "balance" ;)

Sugadaira review done!

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/blog/11/entry-125-sugadaira-review/

I tried to keep it as balanced as i could, but yeah, it was obviously not going to be glowing. I think i kept my own voice out of it until the last part though and tried to show the positive as much as possible.

Well, I'm well and truly out of holiday mode again with work piled up, Uni assignments that need doing and no ski trips planned in the foreseeable future.

The Ski trip was great and the free day in Niseko a bonus.

I haven't forgotten about providing a trip report, I just honestly have no time right now, but I plan to do one in the coming weeks, including hopefully some edited footage from my piles of clips and photos.

Thanks SJ.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone who have posted reports.

:thumbsup:

Your welcome, and a big thank you SnowJapan for the awesome giveaways and of course site! :thumbsup:

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the trip reports.

It's probably best to wait until the new site is online so that I can more easily explain how we see things working best, Black Mountain.

:friend:

Trip reports on the forums are great, but would be fab if these could (also) be posted as "Resort Reviews" on the new site too. For one thing, that will get many more times the attention than a forums post, and be a much more useful resource for everyone in the long run....

On the new site, everyone with a Forums account will be able to login to a new members area using the same username/password. So it should be quite simple to do these things.

Anyway more on that once its all available to see!

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry, I seem to have got carried away there on the wrong track..... to answer your specific question ( :doh: ).......yes, best to wait to post.