Yes I like this one

41398011_H.jpg

Can't say I have fond memories of cider at college, it was the awful cheapo stuff that.... tasted awful.

Can't say I've had much proper scrumpy like stuff either really.

• Like 1
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you actually asked for another glass of Tennants....even after being fully aware of what it was??!!

Tubby drank it all up before going to Hokkaido.

all good things come to those who wait.......                             Bar's name is MEDAKA and its address is.....   Kabukicho 1-3-6   enjoy my children

not beer, but an oishiiiiiii quite mezurashii drink round these parts, cider!! AEON has some bottles of nice cider drinks in just now. I had the Brut Cider du Bretagne.......very nice it was in a glass chock full of ice. mmmm

Jusco in Hakuba used to do the same one. I used to drink a lot of it. Its less alcoholic than beer, which isn't a bad thing for a summer drink.

I think the pear ones are so-so, and the berry flavoured ones (e.g. Ikea's) are terrible, but standard dry cider is a nice drink.

Elderflower flavoured beer (Badger Golden Champion, a Scottish one called Birds and Bees, etc.) is my summer favourite though.

2 types are less than beer but the one I got was the same....5%

• 3 weeks later...

The importance of an occupation after retirement

As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Harold Schlumberg is such a person:

med_gallery_10039_80_21266.jpg

THIS IS QUOTED FROM HAROLD:

"I've often been asked, 'What do you do now that you're retired?'

Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."

Harold is an inspiration to us all.

Recently, I have been using the untappd app to keep track of my beer consumption. And then stopped paying attention; however, it's great for finding 地ビール places nearby in Tokyo/Yokohama.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Devil Craft Pizza last night, and with it being IPA day, thought I would consume a few for "scientific" purposes.

Brimstone Ale - very tasty and match well with feta cheese.

48074_10151595307418299_219604386_n.jpg

Who's your daddy? This Double Daddy IPA is your daddy. And at about 9%, you soon find out why.

556674_10151595230893299_1528852287_n.jpg

Scuttlebutt IPA, don't remember much of this one.

1004825_10151595202123299_1424571576_n.jpg

Lucky Bucket IPA - yeah, completely forgot this one.

556700_10151595190938299_590746450_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Still no Kohaku in the shops but I noticed Sapporo have their winter beer out.....not bad but not much different from their usual beer.

Had some awesome mocha porter from Rogue brewery, Oregon. In a quirky little bar, it doubles as a used book shop as well as a craft beer bar, called Adanonki in a nondescript high rise building at Minami 1 Nishi 6 in Central Sapporo. Expensive (1100¥ a pint ) but well worth the money

I think Kohaku for me as well........Aki Aji has now disappeared from the shelves up here.......I'm sure there was definitely crossover time between aki aji and kohaku in years gone by