• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you actually asked for another glass of Tennants....even after being fully aware of what it was??!!

Tubby drank it all up before going to Hokkaido.

all good things come to those who wait.......                             Bar's name is MEDAKA and its address is.....   Kabukicho 1-3-6   enjoy my children

Well, just back from TY Harbour this evening and had a few very nice brews there.

Tubby, I don't know what they changed but somehow it turned Ichibanshibori from a nice beer to not a whole lot better than Bud.

Give Kirin Classic a try. I'm also a fan of Black Label and other Sapporo brews, and Classic matches up pretty well.

Kirin Classic is ok, I just much prefer the Sapporo lines over the other big brewers stuff. I had a super dry for the first time in ages, last night, now there's a beer that tastes like bud! :o

Since moving to Hokkaido, I rarely drink black label now....always classic. The Sapporo bar in Sapporo Factory has a couple of good beers on tap...Red Star is my favourite....at 500¥ a pint, it's value for money for sure....just wish they'd sell it outside of the brewery!!

Sapporo seems to have other beers they sell mainly (only?) in Hokkaido. Good brews.

Now that Classic is widely available outside Hokkaido, it doesn't seem quite the same.

I think it was Sapporo 5-Star (?) that I had up north a few years ago that was really nice.

• 1 month later...