• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you actually asked for another glass of Tennants....even after being fully aware of what it was??!!

Tubby drank it all up before going to Hokkaido.

all good things come to those who wait.......                             Bar's name is MEDAKA and its address is.....   Kabukicho 1-3-6   enjoy my children

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a functional fatty....got a gut but can happily play sports and generally exercise n run around....there's no darts player look, more a well loved and cherish belly :D

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

not beer, but an oishiiiiiii quite mezurashii drink round these parts, cider!! AEON has some bottles of nice cider drinks in just now. I had the Brut Cider du Bretagne.......very nice it was in a glass chock full of ice. mmmm

that's alcopop

Whatever does the job. ;)

Cider is a quintessential summer drink and is sorely missed. I'm a little surprised, considering that apples are such a big thing over here, that cider hasn't been embraced. Ume-shu is always popular, as is flavoured chu-hi but cider would be great.

isn't there a large AEON store in Futamatagawa? Check it out, it looks like a wine bottle. A lot posher than the 3ltr plastic bottle of White Lightning that I used to sport as an underager round the park.....tastes a tad better too ;)

isn't there a large AEON store in Futamatagawa? Check it out, it looks like a wine bottle. A lot posher than the 3ltr plastic bottle of White Lightning that I used to sport as an underager round the park.....tastes a tad better too ;)

There is a huge Seiyu store but no AEON. White lightning - brings back some hazy memories of my first drinking of "cider".

yeah....took me years to stomach the taste again. Magners really re-invented it in the non-cider making areas of Britain. They made it trendy again and the flavour of their cider is a million times better than the crap most people used to drink. I suppose real cider aficionados may also say that Magners and the like is crap as well......but I like it on a hot summer's day :)

• Like 1

While shopping in my super last night walked past some beer called bear beer from Denmark.

Had never seen it before must be some promotion .

It was in the meat section.

Anyway got the stronger one of the two 7.1 % or something like that.

And it was rather good actually.

Wi// have try another one tonight just to make sure.

Two stations down the line was a cider pub serving 10% alc scrumpy. We used to only plan trips there when there was an entourage of sensible people. <- very hard to come by at Uni.

I still can't remember how horrendous the end parts of each visit to this place I made was.

not beer, but an oishiiiiiii quite mezurashii drink round these parts, cider!! AEON has some bottles of nice cider drinks in just now. I had the Brut Cider du Bretagne.......very nice it was in a glass chock full of ice. mmmm

Jusco in Hakuba used to do the same one. I used to drink a lot of it. Its less alcoholic than beer, which isn't a bad thing for a summer drink.

I think the pear ones are so-so, and the berry flavoured ones (e.g. Ikea's) are terrible, but standard dry cider is a nice drink.

Elderflower flavoured beer (Badger Golden Champion, a Scottish one called Birds and Bees, etc.) is my summer favourite though.