• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you actually asked for another glass of Tennants....even after being fully aware of what it was??!!

Tubby drank it all up before going to Hokkaido.

all good things come to those who wait.......                             Bar's name is MEDAKA and its address is.....   Kabukicho 1-3-6   enjoy my children

Ii ne, one of the good things about living near the big city!

Not when you miss the last train home, and in a drunken stupor end up in the wrong prefecture to where you live, and get a taxi home from Tokyo to home.

Fingers burnt, lesson learnt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beer taste excites male brain

Just a tiny taste of your favourite tipple can excite the brain and increase the urge to drink, even without any effect of alcohol - according to a study on 49 men.

The taste triggered the release of the brain's reward chemical, dopamine.

Prof David Kareken said: "We believe this is the first experiment in humans to show that the taste of an alcoholic drink alone, without any intoxicating effect from the alcohol, can elicit this dopamine activity in the brain's reward centres"

once I was walking past thisstreet corner and some researcher asked me to sample their beer. They gave me a half pint and said it was this: pointing to a Tennants logo on te pump. I drank it and then they asked me what I though of it.

I said I needed another glass to be sure.