• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you actually asked for another glass of Tennants....even after being fully aware of what it was??!!

Tubby drank it all up before going to Hokkaido.

all good things come to those who wait.......                             Bar's name is MEDAKA and its address is.....   Kabukicho 1-3-6   enjoy my children

That's my fave as well GB!! Last year they had one that tasted like a smoky bacon and cheese......wasnt fond of that one

God, the horror of that beer... :shifty:

can you remember the name of it? IIRC you also commented on how crap it was

I don't like the sound of this

The recession has forced John Smiths to take drastic measures - the brewer has watered down its beer. To save Heineken, which owns the brand, £6.6m in duty, the alcohol content of John Smith's Extra Smooth has been reduced from 3.8% to 3.6%. As if that wasn't bad enough, it is also raising the price by 2.5p a pint.

John Smith's is far from the only product that has been forced to adapt by the chilly financial climate. Some chocolate bars, including Mars and Snickers, are now smaller, and while this has been spun by the manufacturers as a response to concerns about obesity, the effect on their bottom line is clearly even more beneficial.

So which other brands are feeling the pinch? Have you noticed yoghurts becoming more watery, or toilet tissue less plush? Please post your suspicions below the line, and we will try to find out which ones - if any - are well-founded.

Yokohama Beer Bash is coming up next Weekend. Some cracking craft beers are going to be on sale.

To celebrate its 3rd-year anniversary, the Japan Beer Times is hosting a big winter beer festival in Yokohama with breweries that have sponsored the magazine over the years. The festival will feature many strong (high alcohol) beers, several excellent musical acts, great food, lots of merchandise and amazing prices!

Date: Sunday, January 27th

Time: 12pm to 5pm

Cost: advanced tickets, ¥2000 (includes 3 drink tickets); on-the-day, ¥2500 (3 tickets)

*Limited to 800 people; no on-the-day tickets if advanced tickets sell out

**Serving sizes will be 300ml and extra drink tickets cost ¥500

Confirmed breweries:

Baird Beer

Bay Brewing

Beer Horn

Brimmer Brewing

Coedo

Echigo Beer

Fujizakura

Hakone Beer

Kiuchi (Hitachino Nest)

Konishi Brewing

Nide

Swanlake Beer

Yokohama Beer

YO-HO Brewing

Confirmed importers:

AQ Bevolution

Evergreen Imports

Nagano Trading

Whisk-e Limited

Food:

Delicious open-grill barbecue from Charcoal Grill Green

Musicians:

Siiya Brown

Samm Bennett

Steve Gardner

(profiles coming soon)

There are three ways to purchase tickets:

1. Online ticketing service E+ http://eplus.jp

2. Bank Transfer

Please send an e-mail to info@yokohamaseasider.com (a partner publication in Yokohama) with the subject “Beer Bash” and the message “bank transfer details” and we will reply with instructions.

3. Direct purchase

Select bars and restaurants in Yokohama and Tokyo are selling tickets directly. The list (updated regularly) is below:

Bashamichi Taproom (Yokohama)

Bashamichi Green (Yokohama)

Bay Brewing (Yokohama)

Full Monty (Yokohama)

Goodbeer Faucets (Shibuya, Tokyo)

Devil Craft (Kanda, Tokyo)

Popeye (Ryogoku, Tokyo)

Yeah, a 0.2% change isn't going to matter that much to a piss weak ale anyway.

Remain as unconcerned when more do it, perhaps including one of your faves.

Cool. Then I won't drink it any more. Funny that, being able to choose things. :wave:

Yeah, a 0.2% change isn't going to matter that much to a piss weak ale anyway.

Remain as unconcerned when more do it, perhaps including one of your faves.

Cool. Then I won't drink it any more. Funny that, being able to choose things. :wave:

I agree.

Fave things becoming rubbish, and less choice ROCK!!!! :party:

More of that!

• 2 weeks later...