• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you actually asked for another glass of Tennants....even after being fully aware of what it was??!!

Tubby drank it all up before going to Hokkaido.

all good things come to those who wait.......                             Bar's name is MEDAKA and its address is.....   Kabukicho 1-3-6   enjoy my children

Sapporo Classic Furano Vintage 2012 was pretty good. Tried to order some off Rakuten when I got back from Hokks but no cigar....sold out

Quaffing a Sapporo Classic as I type from MIJ recommendation. Very nice, suits me too.

Aki Aji :lol:

Still have some left.

When that's gone I'll be getting a case of Kirin Classic bottles I think.

Muickaboichi, do you have photo of Aki aji. I have been looking for it here

(kutchan) but not seen yet There are alot of different varieties to

chose from at supermarket, I might be looking straight at it and not know.

If you didn't know, it's an autumn brew (aki) -- usuaully comes out end of August, beginning of September.

:friend:

Thanks again, didn't know that. Looking at the photo, wondering if it is a dark beer too?

It's not dark, but more an amber ale.

Ricky Inu, Sapporo Classic(blue writing) is everywhere in Hokkaido but I was meaning the green can, using Furano hops of 2012....nice drop

Sapporo Classic Furano Vintage 2012 was pretty good. Tried to order some off Rakuten when I got back from Hokks but no cigar....sold out

Better be good as I just ordered a case of the stuff off of yahoo.

Eiichigo red. I love amber ales and it is a good one. Their organic beer is also really good. Infact I like almost everything they make. Man in Japan mentioned why I say "almost", their new chocolate beer is barley drinkable for me.

It's massive in Canada too. In fact, after being home this summer I decided to start making my own beer because I was reminded how diverse the beer world really is! My local supermarket carries only the big three. Very underwhelmed every time I go in there!

In fact, after being home this summer I decided to start making my own beer because I was reminded how diverse the beer world really is!

I didn't know that. :p

What batch are you making now?

This weekend I'm going to do a Scotch Ale. In bottles now I've got an amber IPA, honey brown, smoked maple porter (best brew so far) and a super hoppy double IPA. I'm having a lot of fun with it and the beer is turning out really good.

That's my fave as well GB!! Last year they had one that tasted like a smoky bacon and cheese......wasnt fond of that one

Tell me the next time your in the Gunma / Yuzawa area and if I'm free I'll bring a couple of reds to the mountain :happyshades: