Hi! My family and I are up in Hakuba over the winter holidays so I thought I would post a few pictures from our vacation.

My wife's favorite

Hakuba sunrise

My favorite:

Hakuba sunrise

Sorry I dont know how to use everything so well. I will try to figure it all out! :newhere:

Nice photos. Were these taken yesterday? Dec 27? I'm in Hakuba at the moment too and the weather yesterday was amazing.

Kansaiash, yes, they were. It was such a beautiful day in Hakuba! Now we have nothing but rain :thumbsdown:

Thanks Seemore, I hope to take some more pics soon - enough of the rain!

Don't you know that Cortina is a secret you mustn't mention on the Internet? That one's always made me laugh, I must say.

Really powdery today. The snow was much lighter than yesterday.

Loved the photos.Our family of 4 can't wait to get there we arrive in Hakuba 14 Jan 2013 .Keep posting lots of photos.It's such a magical place!!! Just hope it doesn't get too crowded !!!

Don't you know that Cortina is a secret you mustn't mention on the Internet? That one's always made me laugh, I must say.

Really powdery today. The snow was much lighter than yesterday.

LOL. Yeah, Cortina is Hakuba's best kept secret. It's not like they don't have their own website that is updated twice daily with a webcam!

It was by far the busy day I've ever seen it at Cortina. I don't think I'll be doing that again!

Have you ridden the Hovercraft yet?

I've been dialing it in the last couple of days. I'll write a gear review in a bit. That board ****ing flies like a rocket!

Glad we skipped Cortina today then!

Saw some cracks out there today. Nasty rain layer topped with so much snow had made stability poor. We decided against venturing into the alpine and enjoyed the trees. Skied 3 different resorts the last 3 days and they have all been excellent, but watch out for patrol they are taking passes.

Almost dream conditions for locals this week. By that I mean it's been dumping on the mountain without dumping at town level and making folks busy."Just snow over there" is a common refrain.

Super gorgeous first thing today. Clear as a bell and minus 13C for lots of sparkley glinty goodness on top of the recent snow. A real pearler. It's still very bright, but there is thin cloud now.