Anyone know the bus to Ryuoo?

So we are going to Ryuoo, Ryuo, Shiga Kita Ryuo or even Shigakita Ryuo and it hasn't been the easiest place to do research on when they can't even settle on how to spell it's name!

I know it's close to Nagano, we will catch the bullet train there. I've seen mentioned that the bus leaves for Ryuo from bus stop number 3 but no mention of times. From memory we arrive at Nagano at 11:30am.

I also have no idea on the buses back. Ideally we want to get to Nozawa (Madarao actually but there is a late bus from Nozawa), so if we can get there we are sorted (unless I discover a bus straight to Madarao from Nagano).

Any info much appreciated. Ryuo better be worth it as it's been a serious PITA to organise.

Hey Crunky, here's some transportation info that I wrote for a resort review last March - hope it helps!

From Nagano station there's a choice of a train or bus connection, though the latter only runs on weekends and holidays. I therefore took the Nagano Private Railway to Yudanaka station, which has a free shuttle bus service to the resort. There is another shuttle bus from Shinshunakano station but that’s not free, though you could offset the cost against not having to pay the extra train fare onto Yudanaka! The train from Nagano to Yudanaka costs 1,130Yen (+100Yen if it’s the express) and takes between 45 and 70 minutes depending on what train you get. Try to time your connection carefully because the Yudanaka shuttle bus only runs 3 times a day (09.05, 10.15 and 11.45 to the resort and 09.30, 11.00 and 16.00 back to the station). I arrived at Yudanaka at 10.49 and therefore had to wait for the 11.45 bus, but it’s only a 20 minute ride to the resort so not too long before you're hitting the slopes.

You're a star. It looks like we will arrive at Nagano at 11:05am on a weekday so we might be able to catch that 11:45am bus to Yudanaka and then the shuttle bus to the resort (if it runs on Fridays)?

Or being Friday we might have to catch the local train to Yudanaka and then get a shuttle bus from there.. The Bus back is a bit of a pain There is 2pm bus from Nagano to Madarao (or an even later bus from Nozawa to Madarao. I wouldn't mind getting at least half a day at Ryuoo before hitting the road for Madarao.