Yeah depends on what you are after I stayed in Wadano but still got the bus when I went to board lots of restaurants and pubs.

If you pick your lodgings right you could walk to the lifts

Hey SJ Family

Just chasing some info on helicopter skiing in the Hakuba Region? Is there many operators and are there many mountains that they are allowed to land at? If anyone could hit me back with the names of any operators they know of. Cheers Andee.

think there is only 1 operator and its at Tsugaike Kogen. I have never done this so dunno how it is, but it won't be like heli skiing in Europe or Nth America, I'm sure. The one that operates in the Yuzawa region at Kagura flies you up and there is a marked course that you have to follow. Its totally ungroomed, but there are checkpoints that you must pass. Japan loves controlled fun :)

Maybe the Hakuba locals can give you specifics

Hi

There is lots of different standards of accommodation from 2 star to 5 star in Happo and Wandano area.Great for first time visit as there are restaurants and bars.If you are a snowboarder. Goryu has lots of cheaper accommodation and is very friendly. Ecoland also has a variety of lodges,self contained accommodation and bars,restaurants.It doesn't really matter where you stay as there is free shuttles to the different ski resorts.The snow Japan website lists lots of accommodation have a look there to get some ideas.

I stayed in Wandano 2 years ago and it was great.This year we are sking for 3 weeks so we are staying at budget accommodation in Goryu and will just go out at night to Happo and Echoland and Hakuba.

Good luck planning.