Suimasen.

Just wondering what others do for muscle soreness after you have

done a big session on the snow and know its going to be another

epic day tommorrow?

At this point in time

I take Magnesiun tablets as a supplement

Fish oil for joints

Combine with 2 x Asahi

1 x long onsen / with stretching (discretely)

& plenty of rest

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Besniwod.....suggesting no alcohol is paramount to getting banned on this site.....I hope the powers that be let you off with but a warning....      

Sounds like a fancy name for getting older.

The most important thing you say in there you say (discretely) after? Stretching helps the most for me. Onsen + stretching will be the best medicine for helping muscles heal. Beer just tastes good :)

Despite having my own onsen I'm not a big fan of public onsens. All the undressing and dressing and going back outside and dealing with snow on the car or whatever.....I much rather prefer to soak in the tub at the hotel, put on a bath robe and veg out with some good quality Japanese tv and glass of wine..

Despite having my own onsen I'm not a big fan of public onsens. All the undressing and dressing and going back outside and dealing with snow on the car or whatever.....I much rather prefer to soak in the tub at the hotel, put on a bath robe and veg out with some good quality Japanese tv and glass of wine..

Good quality Japanese TV? Surely you are joking

A good Pre-ski fitness programme with regular expereince of DOMS through the year, helps you not be a sook and wimp out ;)

Stretching is excellent. Warming up sore bits is also key - few warm up runs and the pain is almost forgotten.

And hydration.

I always found dousing myself in the blood of the innocent worked rather well.

Other than that, I try to do dynamic stretches (keeping the limbs moving and not holding a stretch in a fixed position as this will have a negative impact on your performance) before the days skiing and static stretching (stretches where you hold a stationary position) at the end of it. As much as I like beer, alcohol will slow your recovery period so it is best not to drink after exercising. Even though I don't really follow the last point too avidly, you will have a better time on the following day if you don't drink or at least only drink a little.

Haha, I didn’t realise mentioning the reduction of alcohol intake would be tantamount to stealing a beer filled sippy cup from a toddler with shaky hands outstretched. I especially like how the controversial part was about drinking less, not bathing in the blood of the innocent. One must have one's standards I suppose. Thanks for the laugh guys.

I have always rather relished being a heathen, thanks for that too.